JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The gods of the Flanaess: Vecna
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    The gods of the Flanaess: Vecna
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:50 am  
    The gods of the Flanaess: Vecna

Once again, CruelSummerLord manages to produce an article par excellence.

While reading this article, I couldn't help but think back to the Dragon magazine's Core Faiths article that delt with the same topic, but thankfully as it turned out, from different angles.

I rather liked how CSL's work implied that what started Vecna down the road to ultimate evil was nomething more than simple curiosity, and once he became curious about the wrong thing, events rapidly took a turn for the worse.

One thing I noticed was that apparently Vecna rewards followers in the afterlife who are powerful in the mortal realm. I was under the impression that Vecna just used his departed followers as larvae currency for his plans. (This was kept secret from them, naturaly)
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:17 am  
    Anti-Delleb

It seems to me that Vecna, described this way, is the anti-Delleb, dedicated to knowledge in the pursuit of evil as Delleb is dedicated to knowledge in the pursuit of good. Is there no specific rivalry between their clerics?

Also, the "long, long ago" bit at the beginning seemed like a cop-out to me. Come on, everyone has their own heretical theory as to when Vecna's empire existed. Share yours!

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper

Long, long ago, there were only Yak-Men...
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 pm  

Thanks for the feedback. I'm especially glad that my giving Vecna some extra depth and background to his character was noticed, his simple innocence becoming perverted into evil and depravity.

Coming soon...the Oerth Dragon, deeper and more detailled than it's ever been before!
    <div align="left">Going to war without Keoland is like going to war without a pipe organ.&nbsp; They both make a lot of noise and they're both a lot of dead weight, so what's the point in taking them along?&nbsp;</div>
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: