Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - archive of LG articles on wizards.com?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    archive of LG articles on wizards.com?
    CF Admin

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:57 pm  
    archive of LG articles on wizards.com?

Does anyone have an archive of the LG content from wizards.com?

Given that LG will die in several months, it may behoove us to gather this info up so that it doesn't all disappear into the aether after Origins. (Anyone in LG know if that's even likely??).

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:44 pm  
    I Have an Archive

grodog wrote:
    Does anyone have an archive of the LG content from wizards.com? Given that LG will die in several months, it may behoove us to gather this info up so that it doesn't all disappear into the aether after Origins. (Anyone in LG know if that's even likely??).

There are no overt plans to flush any of the Living Greyhawk material from the Wizards of the Coast Web site. But, there was also no intention on bringing 4th Edition after five years, either...

Anyway, as of now, THIS ARCHIVE shall be retained by Wizards of the Coast. However, I have a personal DVD of all Living Greyhawk material up to December 2007 (adventures [mostly Nyrond and Core], Web articles, LGJs, etc). So, the community should be set if the Wizards of the Coast Web Dwarves are unable to avert a disaster in the future. But, I trust the aforementioned content shall be retained under some form of "previous editions" moniker on their Web site.

Don (Greyson)
    Nyrond Triad
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:07 pm  

Yeah I've been collecting all the Power Groups, Mysterious Places, and Diplomacy Check articles into one big honkin' pdf for my ease of use and in case there is a purge at wizards.com (Which I doubt will happen and am glad to hear Don thinks so too).
    Master Greytalker

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 am  
    Re: I Have an Archive

Greyson wrote:
    I have a personal DVD of all Living Greyhawk material up to December 2007 (adventures [mostly Nyrond and Core], Web articles, LGJs, etc). So, the community should be set if the Wizards of the Coast Web Dwarves are unable to avert a disaster in the future. But, I trust the aforementioned content shall be retained under some form of "previous editions" moniker on their Web site.

Wow - hold onto that DVD - we will need it to produce a potted history (i.e. timeline) of LG for future generations! I will be happy to assit Shocked

Edit by Ratlord to fix wrongly attributed quote
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm  
    Re: I Have an Archive

Greyson wrote:

There are no overt plans to flush any of the Living Greyhawk material from the Wizards of the Coast Web site. But, there was also no intention on bringing 4th Edition after five years, either...

Indeed. Also, I have my doubts about the initial success of the "D&D Online Initiative" they are preparing to do, and fear that if it gets off to a slow start, material that is currently free may vanish or be shifted into the paid area of the website.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:42 pm  

That's another legit possibility, Rich, and I hadn't thought of that. Time to start archiving, I guess ;)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: