ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - mayaheine on Oerth, Part 1
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    mayaheine on Oerth, Part 1
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm  

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=885&mode=thread&order=2&thold=0

Awesome article. Looking forward to the next part. I could totally see using this as a background for a paladin.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 am  

Very interesting story!

BTW, I always thought Joan of Ark/Jeanne d'Arc was the epitome of paladinhood.
    CF Admin

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:11 am  
    Agreed

Galliskinmaufrius wrote:
    I always thought Joan of Ark/Jeanne d'Arc was the epitome of paladinhood.

Yes, I agree. I thought he made the perfect touch with is his Jeanne d'Arc quote. Great article. I really like this historical context approach to telling these stories.

Don (Greyson)
    Nyrond Triad
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:41 am  

Thanks guys! I tried not to cleave too closely to Joan's story (Though the quotes I'm finding do fit well), but couldn't help thinking of her when I originally had the idea of Mayaheine manifesting on Oerth by being channeled through a mortal. Others have head the idea too as evidenced by some of the threads on that goddess. This approach lets me attempt to explore what it might be like for a person to be both divine and mortal at the same time. I also wanted to get into the politics of trying to bring a new faith into being, especially one where the portfolio could be seen as already being filled, in this case by Heironeous. I'm finishing up with part 2 now and anticipate it will probably be a 3 or 4 parts total, but I'm also almost through with my heretical take on the throwaway line in the history of Sasserine about an invasion from the Great Kingdom. Mwa-hah-hah! Wink
    Forum Moderator

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:28 pm  

Encore! Encore!
    Master Greytalker

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:09 am  

Great article, smillan, thanks. Mayaheine's not been that popular IMC, she rarely gets a mention by players, probably because she appeared without much fanfare and seemed to steal a little bit of other deities' thunder. This article will help to establish her and give her the boost she needs in getting some attention. Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: