ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - 2008 Greyhawk Fantasy Football
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    2008 Greyhawk Fantasy Football
    Site Theocrat

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:41 am  
    2008 Greyhawk Fantasy Football

Hi all -
    I know it's a bit early to be thinking about next years Fantasy Football, but I've been disappointed in the last few years of Fantasy Football. I keep trying to join leagues with my kind of thinking - that it's fun and fantasy. Last year I ran a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Football League and required all team names to be Sci-Fi or Fantasy. I didn't do it this year and although I was happy that it was a pay group and from Circvs Maximvs - it isn't what I had hoped.
    So I'm hoping to get 12 teams for next years Oerth Football Federation (OFF), have a buy in of about $30 (winner will get money [$150] and t-shirt and hat or a trophy I'm not sure, 2nd [$90] and 3rd place will get portion [$60]).
    I'd like to have it a keeper league. Regular season is Week 1 -13, Week 14 1st round playoffs (or maybe keep this as part of Regular season), Week 15 Divisional Championship game, and Week 16 Championship (our bye week is week 17, when too many top players are sitting on the sideline and can really impact a league).
    Divisions would be broken up - If each team must have a god, region, nation, city or concept and a name (like my Theocrat's Inquisition, Knights of the Theocrat, or my past teams of Oerth's Invoked Devastation, Keoland Cavaliers and Sheldomar Mages) the divisions could be divided in Greyhawk regions (the Tharzidun's Cultists would be in the Psycho division!).
    Based on these concepts are there any potential takers? What would you like to see in a Greyhawk Fantasy Football? I'd post to CM and EN World (and any other Greyhawk forum locations [I'd ask someone else to post to DragonsFoot] and other D&D locations.
    What are your thoughts? I will be buying a FFL Commissioners program, not just relying on NFL.com's system.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Be Well. Be Well Fantasized.
    Go Carolina Panthers (next year!)
    Theocrat Issak

Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:42 pm  

Hello,

I don't want to cut in on anyone's more or less established league, and I won't be the least bit offended if you have other members in mind for your league, but I'm interested in joining your league.

I have also been commissioner of the Franchise Football League for the past 16 seasons, so I would be happy to provide whatever insight I can into selecting commissioner programs.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:51 pm  

Just to prove that I do indeed deserve the title of "World's Geekiest Geek": I have to idea what the above posts are talking about. Is that somehow sports related?
    Novice

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:29 pm  

I don't know....I am an equal opportunity geek. I can do sports geek, sci-fi/fantasy geek, songs made up about a mundane subject geek. (lending some degree of credibility to the idea of people randomly breaking into song as in a Rogers & Hammerstein musical) Perhaps I am the most versatile geek.
    Forum Moderator

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:27 am  

I would be interested Theo providing you can get enough people involved (Any fewer than 10 and it's just too easy). I'm a vet of many fantasy sports leagues but I never got into one with Greyhawkers. Ull likes physical violence, this is our sport!
    Site Theocrat

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:34 am  
    Most Excellent

Hi all -
    Awesome responses. Even Bubbagump - that's potential money in our pocket. Yes, it is sports related. You make a Football team based upon some of the best players in the National Football League and play football. I'm sure we'd all love to have you join us.
    I'll post monthly notices so that we are reminded to do this and work on our line ups and teams in August and have a late draft (or whatever works best for all of us). I'll PM those of you for help in the upcoming weeks.
    Awesome, and don't forget to invite our other online friends.
    Theocrat Issak

Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:46 pm  

I'd love to play. Anybody up for fantasy baseball?
    Master Greytalker

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:42 pm  

A Greyhawk football league, is it? Hmmm....

I suppose it will work as long as Tharizdun is never allowed to be quarterback. Seriously, he looks mean, but he's never won the big game and always crumbles when the pressure's on.
    Novice

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:46 pm  

I'm up for fantasy baseball, as long as it is a weekly maintenece league. I love baseball, but I don't have enough time to spend 45 minutes or so each day checking up on my team, but 45 minutes a week is just fine.
    Site Theocrat

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:34 pm  
    Baseball? Baseball? How about Baseketball?

Hi all -
    Baseball? Baseball? How about Baseketball?
    Although I'd rather not be a part of fantasy baseball, I don't see why it couldn't be part of an overall Oerth Fantasy Federation.
    I'll be taking people up on their offers of help to run OFF (Football) very soon. Good luck with spring training!
    Be Well. Be Well Fantasied.
    Theocrat Issak

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 pm  
    Don't Forget Greyhawk Fantasy Football

Hi all -
    Just reviving the thread, it's NFL Mini Training Camps. Be sure to check out NFL.com to read who is ranked #1 for this years fantasy draft class.
    We still haven't settled on a commissioner and other aspects just yet - so those that are interested in playing, we need to start thinking about this and what program or group will be our basis.

Remember Greyhawk Fantasy Football is coming soon.

Theocrat Issak

Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 am  

I'd be interested. I've played fantasy sports for four years now, and am involved in way too many baseball leagues and dynasties already.

I prefer Yahoo or ESPN for fantasy sports, but I have played NFL.com previously, so I'm okay with that ~ if we have enough people to get it done. Crystalmist Giants, anyone? Cool
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: