JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Society of the Oerth Dragon
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Society of the Oerth Dragon
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:06 am  
    Society of the Oerth Dragon

I posted a secret greyhawk society on my blog here: http://secretsoftheshadowend.blogspot.com/2009/07/society-of-oerth-dragon.html

A pdf with the prestige class and suggested character class advancement, plus the write-up on the blog, can be found here: http://shadowend.pbworks.com/f/Society%20of%20the%20Oerth%20Dragon.pdf

Enjoy!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am  

Interesting.

It sounds like you've based the idea off of the Cult of the Earth Dragon from Slavers! Is that correct? If so, is the secret society and the cult the same organization, different parts of the same group, allied organizations, rivals?

Last edited by Varthalon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 pm  

Always nice to see something for monks. You should probably put the blog link(and credit yourself) in the PDF though so that people can remember where/whom it came from. Wink

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:12 am  

How cool. Does it have something in common with Vecna's cult of the Serpent?
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:26 am  

I didn't knowingly draw from either the Cult of the Earth Dragon or the Cult of the Serpent, though perhaps I should have. I was going to write up 4 martial arts societies; this was as far as I ever got. Pretty much a first draft. Were I to do a second, I'd absolutely add information on those two.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:28 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    Always nice to see something for monks. You should probably put the blog link(and credit yourself) in the PDF though so that people can remember where/whom it came from. Wink

Good idea; I'll do that.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 am  

In my campaign, the Earth Serpent is one of the Elder Evils (no intended relation to the WotC book) along with Tharizdun, the Elder Elemental God (who, imc, is NOT Tharizdun), and a very few others. This deity has become greatly weakened over the last several millennia, and thus prefers to work by whispering into the dreams of those who seek power. It is he who subverted Turrosh Mak, and it was he who guided Vecna. He also played some part in influencing Acererak. All these are/were merely pawns in the Earth Dragon's ultimate plan, never realizing whom they were truly serving or why.

I can easily see your Society as yet another of the Earth Dragon's intricate plots. Just as Turrosh Mak and Vecna thought they were simply accessing a source of power for their own ends, perhaps the Society is drawing on the Earth Dragon only to someday find they've been used. "Forgive them, for they know not what they do..."
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: