JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Aihrde to Oerth
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Aihrde to Oerth
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 am  
    Aihrde to Oerth

I am about to start my next campaign (with a week to rest in between, hurrah) and I want a couple of O-pin-I-owns (don't read in to the spelling, I just wanted to sound cool).

I want to run the Castles & Crusades A1-5 adventures in their Umbrage Saga in the world of Aihrde. It is a nice setting, but I like Greyhawk.

I am pondering over where and when in GH to place the campaign, so maybe someone can give me an idea or two.

The region in which the adventures take place is standard fair fantasy with a big **** forest, a disparaging ridge full of peril, a nice and deep river, and a secluded and independent village of about 300 people prone to being raided by humanoids. The theme of the setting seems to be fairly Germanik with their names, so perhaps finding a local in GH where I would have to rename less would be good.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:24 am  

To the northeast there is Stonefist with its Frozen River, the foothills of the Griff Mountains, the Hraak Forest to the east, and the Forlorn Forest to the west. Or there is the Frost Barbarians with its Griff Mountains lowlands, Jenelrad River, and either the Timberway Forest in the west or the Spikey Forest in the east.

In the northwest there is Perrenland with its Fler and Velverdyva Rivers, Yatil Mountains spurs/lowlands, Mounds of Dawn, Sepia Uplands, northern Vesve Forest, or a bit of trek up the Fler River, the Burneal Forest.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:27 am  

Man, you sure know your Greyhawk...you should moderate a Greyhawk forum...oh wait.

Thank you, I am cross-referencing/typing this post now.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:47 am  

Seems to me that the region between Geoff and the Gran March would be a natural fit.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 am  

Big forest and frequent humanoid raids made me think of The Vesve and Furyondy. Especially if your doing post Wars era.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:54 pm  

I am leaning heavily towards Perrenland, placing the town of Botkinburg just southwest of the Sepia Uplands within a hex or so of the Vesve Forest.

I can easily add another smaller river to the area.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:21 pm  

Germanic names and a town named Botkinburg would seem to fit in a nation with provinces like Krestible, Quagfludt, Clatspurgen, Traft, Schwartzenbruin, Nederboden, Yattenhied, and Hugelrote. Smile
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    To the northeast there is Stonefist with its Frozen River, the foothills of the Griff Mountains, the Hraak Forest to the east, and the Forlorn Forest to the west.

I had the final "flavor" for the Stonefist barbarians when I saw the movie Pathfinder. Heck, the evil vikings portrayed in the movie were exactly how I imagined the Fists.
    GreySage

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:11 am  

MToscan wrote:
    Heck, the evil vikings portrayed in the movie were exactly how I imagined the Fists.

Wow! Thanks for that image, MToscan! Happy

I never made that particular connection until now. Shocked

Excellent! Happy

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 am  

Perrenland, huh? Well, that is not a bad idea at all. I might have to rethink using the Umbrage Saga in Greyhawk now. Great idea!

~O

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:51 pm  

Nice idea, Omote. Happy

Thanks for sharing that and thanks for stopping by. Always nice to "see" members contributing their thoughts and ideas. We hope that you'll share more of yours with us. Cool

Canonfire! needs all its members participating and contributing if Greyhawk is to continue to "live." Wink

It was good to "see" and we hope to "see" you again real soon. Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: