25%  [ 1 ]
    Sat. 5pm
    75%
     75%  [ 3 ]
    Total Votes : 4

Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 am  
    OK...GenCon Dinner

I seen that their are a few people heading to Gencon this year from the last post some weeks back. Sweet!

Who is going to the 5pm Thur. night dinner at Ram?

Who is going to the 5pm Sat. night dinner at 5 Ram?

Everyone just go to the bar first (Mort:wink:) and we'll go from their. Got a idea for some of you Canonfire members. It's a secert Shocked

I will be at the Sat. 5pm dinner.
    GreySage

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 am  

Sadly, I will not be in attendance. Sad I regret that I will miss a Golden opportunity to meet some of you who will be present and finally be able to put a face with an Avatar and comments on numerous threads. Undoubtedly none of you are as I picture you. Argon, don't take it the 'wrong' way, as I am sure you will be apt to do! Wink Part of me laughs at the notion that each of you would/could be toting some 'piece' of your Avatar in order to make connections with other CF! members more easily. For instance:

1) Argon: carrying a plastic battleaxe
    2) SirXaris: wearing fake plate mail armor or holding a lightning bolt
    3) Mystic: dons a massive white mustache and beard
    4) Cebrion: what else? HUGE purple lightning billboard
    5) Baronzemo: dressed up in his Masters of Evil costume
    6) BlueWitch: has a broomstick, pointed hat, blue face paint
    7) Icarus: well, he's the ONLY one of us to reveal his 'true' self! Wink
    8) Lanthorn: if I were to go, either a BIG 'question mark' cut-out OR a flashlight...

Enjoy the festivities to those of you attending,

- Inquisitive "Flashlight"
    GreySage

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 am  

Lanthorn wrote:

I am not a LARPer, so no plate armor. Razz

SirXaris
    GreySage

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 am  

SirXaris wrote:
    I am not a LARPer, so no plate armor.

Cry

Razz

Evil Grin

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:42 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    Lanthorn wrote:

I am not a LARPer, so no plate armor. Razz

SirXaris

Now there's an image: SX going 'au natural' at GenCon! Shocked I'm quite sure you'd be VERY easy to pick out of a crowd. Happy You better hope that the room isn't cold... Embarassed

-Lanthorn
    Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 pm  

Technically I'm going both nights if only to scout out the Saturday prospects since it seems that'll be the more popular time. I do haunt the bar, but if we get a heads up on how many might show either day we might be able to get a table like an adventuring party.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:28 pm  

I've always been more of a lurker on the boards, but I check in most weeks.

This said, I will be at GenCon and possibly free to join the group on Thursday evening. (Still have some event issues to clear up with my traveling mates.)

May I suggest dinner and then head over for the WoTC announcement regarding 5e and the rebooting of an old campaign setting?
    Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:28 pm  

That's entirely possible Garnak. I've been to a few Gencons where a big announcement was in the works and have rarely left with what I could call exciting news.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 pm  

Lanthorn,

I have never been to any type of Con in my life. My anniversary is on the 17th so its hard to manage a trip to Indy besides getting time off. Though working on going next year if not just to meet up with some of the fellow hawkers on these boards.

Plastic Battle axe? Why bother? My inner barbarian would rage at such an offense. Razz

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:52 am  

Sadly, Argon, I have to admit that I, too, have never made it to a GenCon before, either. Confused Attended a few small ComicCons, but that's all. I can also sympathize about the distance. Indiana and Washington state aren't exactly next door neighbors. Sad

Well, I was gonna say you'd have a hatchet...but thought you'd have 'axe envy.' Wink

-Lanthorn, Con Envy
    GreySage

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:43 pm  

Is it this restaurant?
    http://www.theram.com/indiana/indianapolis.html

Second question: Can I bring friends? I'll be there with several other TPKGames writers (including the CEO and VP).

SirXaris
    Forum Moderator

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:18 pm  

Yeah that's it, just down the street a couple blocks from the con hall IIRC. And hell yes bring any and all friends.
    GreySage

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:36 pm  

Thanks Mort. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to crash a small, private party. Cool

SirXaris
    Forum Moderator

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:38 pm  

I have no idea how big this will turn out so I'm crossing my fingers. More people now mean bigger turnouts in the future.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 am  

mortellan wrote:
    Technically I'm going both nights if only to scout out the Saturday prospects since it seems that'll be the more popular time. I do haunt the bar, but if we get a heads up on how many might show either day we might be able to get a table like an adventuring party.

I should be able to go both nights (I checked Saturday, since both isn't an option). Mort, check your pms & your FB--I'm sending you my # so we won't be rubbernecking trying to guess who the GH folks are.
    GreySage

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 pm  

Looks like I'll be there Saturday for sure.

I'll also be playtesting the adventure I'm writing for TPKGames late Thursday and Friday nights. Looking forward to seeing you fellas. Smile

SirXaris

Edit: Looks like I'm going to make the Thursday night get together as well. The rest of the TPKGames fellas have a meeting with John Ryan from Hero Lab at 5:00pm, so they will join us later when they finish with that. My boss was kind enough to let me out of it. Cool

Also, I'm not sure where we will be running the playtest for the Fen of the Five-fold Maw (the adventure I'm writing for TPKGames), but all of us will be participating (late at night is the only time we're all free to get together for a game). There will certainly be room for a few more players, if any of you are interested and willing to stay up until 3:00am. Shocked You'll have to find one of us and let us know you're interested, though, because I didn't put this one on the events list.

Other TPKGames events are already on the schedule for GenCon, so please feel encouraged to sign up if there are any slots still available. (Of our 14 events, there is only one, at the moment of my posting, that still has a couple of slots left open. Wink )

SirXaris
    Forum Moderator

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 am  

I'm sorry to any who missd us Thursday at the Ram. For those who see this in time, me, Rob and/or Xaris are going to try to be there early Saturday with the hopes of securing a large table. So if you get there and the place is packed or if there's a line, hang in there, ask and see if there is a Canonfire table at the desk.
    GreySage

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am  

OMG! You mean that, after another "dis" to Greyhawk, you guys are staying for the rest of GenCon!? Shocked Surprised

Just kidding! Wink Evil Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing

A friend once told me he was taking to the "greatest restaurant" in the world . . . because it served over 400 different beers.

My local liquor store sells a greater variety than that! I go to a restaurant for FOOD. So, "The Ram" . . .

. . . how's the food there?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 pm  

I had a wonderful time chatting over dinner with Rob xx and Mortellan Thursday night! You guys are great! Happy

We had about a half dozen of my fellow TPKGames writers join us as well as some other gamers who had participated in the events we sponsored earlier in the day.

I'm terribly sorry that I wasn't able to attend the Saturday evening get-together. I hope more Canonfire members were able to attend and that it was a blast for everyone.

SirXaris
    Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:28 pm  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    So, "The Ram" . . .

. . . how's the food there?

I spent damn near half my con there and ate only once. Weird I know, maybe the bartenders had something to do with it. I had hot wings which were good, the RAM beer was better. My friend (Valkaun Dain) had that mammoth burger which you need a knife to eat. Can't quite remember what Rob, Baronzemo and Xaris had.

Thanks to all that showed up, Canonfire members and friends. If I missed anyone there, my apologies and we'll strive to do better next time.
    GreySage

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:32 pm  

Here is a link to some pics of Thursday night at The Ram. Sorry we didn't get pics taken while Robxx was there.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=499078780120232&set=a.499074313454012.126438.152123654815748&type=3&theater

SirXaris
    GreySage

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:10 pm  

SX, nice van dyke (I think that's the correct term)...when I grow up I'd like to grow facial hair like that! Wink

Glad you had fun.

-Lanthorn, peachfuzz Confused
    GreySage

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 pm  

Awesome pictures, SirXaris! Thanks for sharing those. Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Cool

And Xaris? Remember, when hunting Dragons, maintain a "hot dog" distance. Wink
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: