JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Adventures involving Temples of Tharizdun
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Adventures involving Temples of Tharizdun
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:30 pm  
    Adventures involving Temples of Tharizdun

Ok, I guess the Chained God's been invading my dreams of late, as I've got a desire to write a scenario or two involving Big T's places of worship.

I've got The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, and the Cradle of Madness from Dungeon Magazine #87 (I've also got GDQ1-7 but am disregarding the Elder Elemental Eye bits as they're not what I'm looking for).

Are there any other adventures, modules or scenarios out there which deal with temples or other places profane to the worship of everyone's favourite Nihilistic Big Bad?

Cheers!
    GreySage

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:39 pm  

Well, Dwellers of the Forbidden City mentions the Black Brotherhood. It's just a brief mention, though.

You could substitute in Tharizdun and the Black Brotherhood instead of Hastur and the Yellow Brotherhood in the Freeport trilogy.

Oh, and the history of the Bright Desert and the Scorpion Crown is connected to Tharizdun. See Rary the Traitor, Blight on Bright Sands, and Dominions of the Flannae , etc.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:41 pm  

The Night Below box set contains an area called the "Isle of Shadows" (Book III - The Sunless Sea, pgs. 27-31) that is the remnants of a cult of Tharizdun.

Dungeon Magazine #152 has a high level module called "Essence of Evil" which centres around a powerful minion of Tharizdun, although it doesn't take place in a temple dedicated to him.

EDIT: I forgot to mention The Styes from Dungeon #121, a creepy adventure that involves Tharizdun in a very unexpected way.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:00 am  

Dragonsfoot's Footprints #11 includes a brief side-trek adventure called "The Hidden Shrine of Tharizdun" by Alphonso Warden, which can be incorporated into a larger dungeon complex.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:59 am  

Big T gets some Living Greyhawk love during various BK events. The plots mostly involve cultists of T attempting to free That Which Slept (LG BK epic monster) from her slumber. No real holy sites detailed though, iirc.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:22 am  

Luz - I'd completely forgotten about the Night Below location - cheers for jogging my memory! I'll also go check out Dungeon #121

Prata - never come across Footprints before, so cheers for the signposting :)

Aurdraco - I'll go have a rummage through my BK LG files and see what I can find - might be something I can use.

And Rasgon, I hadn't thought about adapting other Primordial Evils (like Hastur). I think a friend's got the Freeport stuff, so I'll go hassle him (he was due a visitation anyway!) :D

Many thanks guys, it should be enough for me to be getting on with!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:15 pm  

You can search the PDF/e-book versions of my book, BDKR1 The Unofficial Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms summary for Tharizdun references. I'm bored, so I did it for you (but buy the book if you haven't already ;)), there aren't many.

There are Tharizdun cultists in BDK2-04 Rising Shadow, BDK5-08 Hirelings (which was a pretty bare bones adventure), and maybe in BDKi6-09 Negative Outcome.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:29 pm  

Cheers mate. I do have your book - got it a couple of years ago and a very enjoyable read it was too. I shall now go and dream dreams of madness, the Dark God and the end of all things Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:28 pm  

Madness at Gardmore Abbey by LG hero Creighton Broadhurst contains a plot involving Tharizdun and one of his servants. It's one of the better 4e modules and the Deck of Many Things is useful with any edition.

The 4e Encounters module The Elder Elemental Eye is full-fledged Tharizdun. Although it's set in FR, the cosmic history and details on the Voidharrow would apply to any setting.

Both classic-rules editions of Dark Druids contain indispensable Tharizdun info.

Carl Sargent attributed the sleeping evils beneath the Drachensgrabs to Temples of Tharizdun (Dragon #191).

The Slayer's Guide to Undead by Gygax & Creffield contains a few flavor-text references to He of Eternal Darkness in the Book of Dis (and a chance to acquire said book in the concluding module).
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:06 pm  

Thanks Vestcoat, I'd not really looked into any of the 4E stuff (kinda stopped paying attention when they released that Edition) - I'll have to have a nose around and see if I can find any of it. Cheers!
    CF Admin

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:16 pm  

The artifact sword Druniazth appears in Dragon #294.

And don't forget Magellan' s wonderful depictions in his WoG web comic! =)

Allan.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: