ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Sunless Citadel in Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Sunless Citadel in Greyhawk
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:39 pm  
    Sunless Citadel in Greyhawk

Hi

I am planning to make my first DM campaign in Greyhawk with 3.5 rules.
    For begining I selected The Sunless Citadel. Does someone have any expirience with this module in the Grewhawk world. Which year and place are good?

Thanks

Vasiliy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:44 pm  

Hi Vasiliy.
    I had the same question a week or so ago. I got some great advice. See the thread below named: Module Locations.
    Good luck.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:13 am  

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=986&sid=80f22162696f0cc812408b0db667ad39

As for myself I'm looking to set the Ashardalon series in the former Great Kingdom, evil dragon worshiping flan that lived north of the Adri-Grandwood forest, fits quite well for the cult that build the sunless citadel.

I'm still trying to figure out where I'll place the forge of fury but that's not my biggest concern

Speakers in dream is quite easy to situate since it's only require a major river near a forest...

The Standing stone will be situate in Adri or in the Grandwood, and the barrow will be the one of a great oeridian warrior that repelled Ur-Flan assault.

As for Heart of Nightfang Sprire, the location depends on the location of the forge since I want both of them to be far apart.

I'll also include Lost Temple of Demogorgon into the serie, just to get the player to have something against the demon before having them play Bastion of Broken souls
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:02 pm  

LordNelson wrote:
    Hi Vasiliy.
    I had the same question a week or so ago. I got some great advice. See the thread below named: Module Locations.
    Good luck.

Thanks, but what about year?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:38 pm  

I started my Module in 576CY. I wanted to go through it before the Wars. Smile
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:53 pm  

Quote:
    As for myself I'm looking to set the Ashardalon series in the former Great Kingdom,

I actually had some ideas on how to set the old B series of modules in the lands of the former great kingdom (Mostly in North Province areas) in a thread not to far down.

as to a year for The Sunless Citidel... personaly I do not think it matters... it can be run as is in pretty much any year... it all depends on what year you want to run your game in...
    Novice

Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:32 am  

Vasily wrote:

Quote:
    I am planning to make my first DM campaign in Greyhawk with 3.5 rules.
    For begining I selected The Sunless Citadel. Does someone have any expirience with this module in the Grewhawk world. Which year and place are good?

I thought my very first post on this board should be about something I knew about, so here goes:

I inserted the Sunless Citadel in northwestern Geoff, and attributed the earthquake which caused the fissure and engulfed the citadel to the impact caused by the crash of a large unOerthy object somewhere in the Barrier Peaks. Older inhabitants of Oakhurst recalled that the citadel collapsed "on the same night as a star plunged from the sky into the Barrier mountains". The campaign was set in 550CY, though obviously the crash occured much earlier.

Sidenote: Sadly, I have been playing DnD longer than my players have been alive, so none of them were familliar with 1st ed. and none of them picked up on the clue about the spaceship and they missed out on a great adventure. Oh well.

Heathcliff
    Time Flies but Life Drives a Buick
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: