ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - NPCs from My Campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    NPCs from My Campaign
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:12 am  
    NPCs from My Campaign

NPC - Ozet - Star Flower - Tiger Nomad

Ozet (or Star Flower) is a Wind Daughter, she is both shaman and warrior among all the tribes of the Tiger Nomads. One thousand woman horse-archers are hers to command and she rides the lands of her people searching out their enemies and hunts them down.

The Wind Daughters settle disputes among the Tiger Nomads, exile or kill criminals, hunt monsters and generally act as judge, jury and executioner. They do not raid but remain always within the boundaries set by the tribes as the lands of the Tiger Nomads. They will stop strangers and bring them before the Tribal Leaders for judgement.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 am  

Sarnai - Golden Flower - Tiger Nomad

Sarnai is the leader of the Kral Olo or Curse Finders. She hunts magic that would harm the Tiger Nomads. Many an agent of Iuz and the Horned Society have been revealed by the Kral Olo but also creatures and items that have been brought to Tiger Nomad lands. Some ancient places are marked as forbidden by the Curse Finders and some spots are protected as sacred.

There are 1,000 members of the Kral Olo, a holy number, among the Tiger Nomads.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 pm  

Amaris - Half-Elf -Cleric/Ranger Str 13/ Wis 17/ Dex 17

Amaris was brought up on the outskirts of Greyhawk with no memory of her parents. She was found wandering along the edges of the Gnarley Forest by a hunter and was raised among his own large brood of children. Her Half-elven heritage was readily apparent but whether it was her mother or her father who was the human was unknown. The elves of Celene and their kin would not acknowledge her and no one in the area north and east of the Gnarley knew where she had come from.

Her adopted father Calder at first took no more interest in her than his other numerous children but soon her natural ability at woodscraft and her skill with the bow made her his constant companion. With Calder's son Jerek and his daughter Caren, both older than Amaris, he hunted up and down the east of the Gnarley and sold his pelts, smoked meats and exotic catches to buyers in the City of Greyhawk itself. It was there that Amaris became devotee of the Wandering God Fharlanghn.

For many years Amaris wandered the Gnarly Forest and the Welkwood increasing her skills as a ranger and practicing her faith among those that needed the God's bounty. She became a companion to a Half-Elf druid who had a grove in the northern Welkwood but on his death at the hands of a group of mercenaries in the service of the Elder Elemental God she began to devote herself to hunting all such down.

While Amaris will still help those in need, especially wanderers, she is now found more often on quests involving the death of cultist, brigands and rogues or the despoiling of their places of power or worship. She turns to her bow more often than her prayers to Fharlanghn and is much distrusting and wary than her younger self would ever have imagined.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:34 am  

NPC - Rusty

Outwardly Rusty is a typical Rust Monster but in actuality he was a skilled blacksmith who ran afoul of a powerful Sorceror with an ironic sense of humor. He has the normal abilities of a Rust Monster but the mind of the man he once was. The Wizard Talberth discovered him held in a cage of bone in the caverns of the Drow but was unable to dispel the powerful enchantment. Currently Rusty helps to guard the Wizard's mansion in the town of Hochoch but slowly the mind of the man is disappearing leaving only a fading memory in the body of the monster.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm  

I really enjoyed these. I love reading about characters, specifically character backgrounds tied to the WoG. I'm a little surprised this isn't a whole lot more of that. I could easily imagine a repository of NPC characters created by the WoG community and listed by race, alignment, level and location etc.

Then you could search it for NPCs to insert into your campaign or browse it for inspiration.

I really liked you first three characters especially.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:50 pm  

Phalastar wrote:
    I really enjoyed these. I love reading about characters, specifically character backgrounds tied to the WoG. I'm a little surprised this isn't a whole lot more of that. I could easily imagine a repository of NPC characters created by the WoG community and listed by race, alignment, level and location etc.

Then you could search it for NPCs to insert into your campaign or browse it for inspiration.

I really liked you first three characters especially.

I think I have about a hundred done on my blog and I need to start doing some new ones. You can find more of my recent NPCs in my Spinecastle thread here.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:41 pm  

Masilda the Rhennee Seeress and the Werewolf King

The barges of the Rhennee are ubiquitous along the Velverdyva and among them is perhaps no figure of more renown then Masilda. Her powers of divination are sought by merchants, princes, soldiers, sailors and adventurers of every hue. But her abilities come at a price for her visions show a true fate, most often dark and unavoidable
    The path of the Ranger-Lord, Lokanth, of the Gnarley Forest whose destiny it was to inherit the mantle of the Werewolf King allowed for no alteration despite the visions and warnings of Masilda.

The dark and misted woods of the Gnarley hold terrors and secrets within their borders that are older than the coming of men to the Flanaess. Rangers watch the edges of these thick-forested valleys and thorn choked groves but within them time itself twists and turns among the ancient trees and most who enter never return. Lokanth lost his son to such a malignant section of wood along the northern run of the Gnarley, Wer-haunted and legendary among the rangers and the elves. In his desperation he sought the vision of Masilda and her words brought him no surcease only the telling of his fate which could not be changed.

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:39 am  

The High Priestess of Istus has no name. She has become the living voice of the Goddess. Her clergy wanders not only the Baklunish lands and the Flanaess but also all lands that can be reached where those who would learn of their fate wish to hear the words of the Goddess.

In Ekbir the cult of Istus is very powerful, though at times they have been outlawed, hunted and driven into the shadows. It is in Ekbir that the house of Istus stands. Greater temples in size and splendor exist, and temples much, much older, but here is the chair of the high priestess, the wheel of fate behind her. The clerics and seers and prophets wander, but the High Priestess does not and the powerful and the rich and the great come to her.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: