Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:34 pm
Campaigning in Verbobonc is for the DM who wants options. Verbobonc offers options for Good vs Evil narratives or morally grey political intrigue. Verbobonc offers a simple, uncomplicated society with access to multiple types of adventures: dungeon delves, wildnerness, and city. Relatively civilized and well-settled, there are still unexplored areas giving players access to new adventures with access to resources.
Verbobonc is situated east of Veluna proper, south of Furyondy, southwest of Dyvers, and north of Celene. The Velverdyva River is the major waterway, flowing north east into the Nyr Dyv with the capital, Verbobonc City, on the river itself. Verbobonc has a modest agricultural and mercantile base as a result, though it is not the economic powerhouse Dyvers or Greyhawk City are. Indeed, it would be a quiet backwater if it were not the site of a major incursion of evil in years past. The Battle of Emridy Meadows took place near Nulb on the far eastern border of Verbobonc but had resounding consequences for the Flanaess.
Country specific resources:
T1 The Village of Hommlet
T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
Fate of Istus (WG8)
Journal of the Wanderer: The Wayfarer’s Guide to Verbobonc (difficult to find online since the end of the Living Greyhawk Campaign)
Adventures in this country include:
- City adventures in Verbobonc City. The City of Greyhawk Adventure cards are easily adapted to Verbobonc (Verbeeg of the Gnarley Forest especially).
- River adventures along the Velverdyva River or encounters with the Rhennee.
- Wilderness adventures in The Ironwood, populated by Lycanthropes.
- Wilderness adventures in the Gnarley Forest
- Village of Hommlett, Nulb, and the Temple of Elemental Evil. T1, the Village of Hommlett, is an excellent starting adventure for new DMs and new players because it gives the PCs a base of operations and writeups of several NPC who can fill in gaps in the party or assist the players, and provides endless opportunity for role play.
- Re-create the Battle of Emridy Meadows,
- Political intrigue around the ascension of Viscount Langard to the throne
- Explore the tensions between Furyondy and Verbobonc after the Greyhawk Wars.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- The Kron Hills and their populations of gnomes and dwarves
- Celene provides opportunities for contact with the grey elves and fey, while wood elves are a strong presence in the nearby Gnarley.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total