Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:48 pm
Campaigning in the Bone March is for those that want to experience the aftermath of a humanoid overrun country. The lands were war torn from a humanoid invasion in 563 CY. Orcs, gnolls, goblinoids, and bandits are plentiful. There is no longer a central government, even the former capital of Spinecastle was overrun and serves as the gathering spot for the tribes. The only pockets of civilization remaining is the city of Knurl in the southern part of the country and potentially the coastal cities of Bellport and Johnsport.
Country specific resources
I cannot recommend enough the free online supplement in the unpublished Ivid the Undying by Carl Sargent (available here http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=161 )
Adventures in this country include:
- Recovery of items or missing persons from the invasion (This took place a while ago in the more common timelines - in 563-564, so time has passed). Possible people could be the fate of Alain of Ratik, the Marquis Clement, or any person from the players past. The country fell rapidly and anyone could have been trapped here. Possible locations/items could be ur-Flan sites or political items such as the Key of Spinecastle or any macguffin in a ruined country (family heirlooms, items from Knights Protector, etc)
- Carving out a niche of civilization and defending it.
- Working on behalf of the Count of Knurl (or refugees/gnomes/dwarves) to stave off humanoid threats.
- City adventures / intrigue in a city at the apex of and coveted by the North Kingdom, Nyrond, and Ratik
- The Death Knight Mounduiz Dephar, Scourge of the Fruzti has carved out a domain here.
- In the Shadows of Spinecastle (Dungeon #148) or other adventures in the humanoid teeming overrun capital
- the Hobgoblin infested Ferrendar Keep in the North.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Intrigue and politics between Knurl and the near realms of Nyrond, the North Kingdom, and/or Ratik
- Explore the Caudron of Night or Causeway of Fiends (high level).
- Risk exploring the ruined tower of Azal-Lan to the south in the Adri forest.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)