Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:08 am
by Dave a.k.a. DM221532
Campaigning in the Archclericy of Veluna is an excellent option for new and low-level players. Veluna is a religious realm devoted primarily to the worship of Rao, the god of reason and wisdom. Beyond Veluna’s substantial and well-equipped standing army, the Knights of the Heart, Velunese Diocese Knights and the Knights (Paladins) of Rao, “The Vale” is a safe and secure environment for new Players to gain experience in roleplaying. The few humanoid colonies that exist are usually found near the borders in the Yatils and Lortmils. With tremendous agriculture and precious metals production driving the Velunese economy, the weather is temperate through all seasons, allowing the bustling trade routes to flow throughout the year.
Country specific resources:
Adventures in this country include:
- Legend says the first section of the Rod of Seven Parts is buried with a long-forgotten warrior king; his tomb is in the high foothills of the southernmost Yatils, north of the Fals River.
- Mist Hold, and the secrets of the mist golem can be found in the Northern Lortmils.
- The Elder Elemental God’s Fire Temple is said to be in the Southern Yatils, possibly in the Carnalion Mountains.
- Word from Rastor that cultists of Tharizdun are active in the Temple of All-Consumption has reached ears in Mitrik.
- The mystery of the Circle of Hands can be found a day’s ride south of Grayington. The three sets of large stone hands rising up from the earth have been there since the first inhabitants moved into the area.
-Investigate the unnatural rock formation known as Krag Spire, located in the far corner of the diocese. Its mysterious caves have never been explored as magic fails the nearer one gets to the angled alien pinnacle.
-Ride with the Knights of Whitehale to the Falls of Mist where every few months they must clear the nearby caves of bandits and other things that have crawled out of the mountains.
-Merchant and traveler protection is a booming business. While the Great Western Road is heavily patrolled, trade routes nearer the Lortmil Mountains and those running north toward the Vesve all require ongoing maintenance.
-Political and military challenges, mercantile negotiations, regional representations and alliance building are just a few of the myriad of goals for which Velunese ambassadors travel… Characters are always needed for both in-state and international escort.
-Beginner adventures aplenty: solve a local mystery; help a village against wilderness monsters, etc.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
-The peaks and foothills of the Lortmils, Lorridges, lower Yatils |(location of the famed Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth -S4) and Carnalion Mountains offer exploration.
-Gilmorack, Rockhome, Highfolk, Verbobonc (location of Hommlet and the Temple of Elemental Evil modules) & the Kron Hills are all a few days ride.
-Adventure in Bissel, the gateway to Ket and the Bakluni states beyond. Visiting Thornward will discover why the ancient Baklunish called it al’Vagess.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:48 am; edited 3 times in total