I created this one long ago in a brazilian forum and its terms were mostly in english, so here it is. I must note, however, that this beast is an opponent I will never use against my group due its insane ability in destroying magic itens (I already have a tight rein about this in my campaign). The corrupted template is from Book of Vile Darkness and the rust dragon is depicted on the Draconomicon 3E.
Undeveloped, cheap, background: Incabulos' war steed (when riding a nightmare is not enough), a mercenary unit employed either by Maglubiyet or Gruumsh armies in Acheron, just a wandering monster
Full Attack (add +2 on dire charge): Bite +47 (4d8+15+18 vile + Rusting Ref DC 42), 2 claws +42 (4d6+7+18 vile ; Rend 8d6+22), 1 tail slap +42 (4d6+22+18 vile), 2 wings +42 (not in flight; 2d8+7+18 vile) or Crush (Ref DC 42 in all area PCs or be pinned, 4d8+22+18 vile each round thereafter, must maintain by grapple check) ; tail sweep is not used unless in unlikely circunstances.
Obs: Against opponents whose metallic gear was destroyed, consider Azinhavre makes power attack +17: Bite +30 (4d6+32+18 vile +rust), claws +25 (4d6+24+18 vile + rend 8d6+22), tail slap +25 (4d6+56+18 vile), wing +30 (2d8+36+18 vile)
Space/Reach: 20 ft/ 15 ft
- Disruptive attack (Su) (+18 vile damage per blow)
- Enhanced power (+4 on ALL Save DCs attacks)
- Rusting Bite (Ref DC 42, armor corrode, may target weapon or object carried instead of hitting PC ; any metal item may be affected, except major artifacts)
- Breath Weapon (Reflex save DC 42 or up to DC 52 with heighten breath feat; 22d4 line of acid OR cone of reddish-brown liquid that corrodes any metal item in contact – only major artifacts are immune) ; heighten breath feat delays another breath use for 1 round for each +1 allocated to its DC, max +10. Note that evasion/improved evasion does not work against the cone of corrosion as there isn't a 1/2 damage effect.
- Spell like abilities (Wall of Iron 3/day, Acid fog 1/day, repel metal or stone 1/day), Frightful Presence (Will DC 34)
- Blindsense 60ft, darkvision 120 ft, keen senses
- Fast Healing 10, SR 38, DR 20/ magic & 10/Chaotic
- Immunity to sleep, acid, paralysis,
- Rusting Scales: when hit by a metal weapon, it corrodes the item without save unless it's a +5 weapon or better, in this case it still needs to make Reflex save DC 42 or corrode anyway)
Saves: Fort +30 Ref +20 Will +22
Str 41 Dex 10 Con 31 Int 14 Wis 15 Cha 14
Skills: I won't bother with this.
Feats: Superior Initiative, Dire Charge, Improved Initiative, Quicken Breath , Power Attack, Snatch, Rend, Awaken Spell Resistance x4, Enlarge Breath, Heighten Breath
1st Round or surprise round:
Quickened, enlarged, heightened breath (90 ft Cone of corrosion Ref DC 52 negates; 1d4+15 rounds for another breath). This affects ALL items carried by the targets; from rings to swords, helmets to chain mail.
+ Flying Dire Charge on spellcaster or a character dependant on metallic items who will be hit with power attack as noted before. In either case, Azinhavre attacks with Bite + 2 Claws (+ rend) + 1 Tail slap (no wing attacks because of flight)
+ Frightful Presence (Will DC 34)
Obs I: Max dmg on spellcaster = 4d8+ 20d6+73+ 72 vile (average: 233, with 72 being vile) + Rust Ref DC 42
Obs II: Max dmg on formely metal-using targets = 4d8+ 20d6+158+ 72 vile (average: 318, with 72 being vile damage) + Rust Ref DC 42
Targets: Top priority will be monks, missile-oriented characters and spellcasters, for Azinhavre trust on his scales to destroy incoming attacks (no matter if a little damage is suffered on the first blow).
- Acid Fog + Wall of Iron as concealment + delaying tactics (remember the fast healing 10) to isolate or delay enemies. _________________ Kneel before Rahu!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises