One of the founders of our hobby and one of the most unsung contributors to Dungeons & Dragons, Len Lakofka has passed away at the age of 76.
Along with the many adventures, classes, spells, and rules he created, Len was also father of the Suel in Greyhawk, designer of their gods, and namesake of the Lendore Isles.
The value of his work goes without saying, but his presence will be sorely missed. The adventures of Leomund go on.
I posted this creature in another forum. I always wanted to create a "deeply evil black knight".
* Beginning of cheap excuse of a story, alter as you will* It's an epic black knight who once was a paladin (of Pelor) who fell from grace and embraced an evil god (nerull), becoming a blackguard, then a warrior of darkness (Book of Vile Darkness) then was rewarded with undeath , becoming a death knight and received the spellstitched template (from MM II) and after centuries roaming the negative plane it became stronger and gained twice the Evolved template from Libris Mortis (yes, they do stack). * End of cheap excuse of a story, alter as you will*
The Black Knight, evolved (2x) spellstitched deathknight (fallen paladin) blackguard 10 / warrior of darkness 10
Attack: +35 profane unholy longsword or death knight touch +35 ou enervating touch +35
Full Attack: +35/+30/+25/+20
Damage: +2 profane unholy longsword: 1d8+14+ 2d6 if good, +1d6 if living target + 2d6 if human and the weapon is activated with the power darkling weapon; + 10 dmg for 10 rounds if divine might feat is activated)
Space/Reach: 5/5 ft
SA: Blackguard powers, warrior of darkness powers, death knight touch attack (dmg: 1d8 + 10 to living creatures + 1 Con damage; Will DC 30 halve & negate Con dmg), Abyssal blast (1/dia, 20-ft radius spread, range 1200 ft, 20d6 dmg, 1/2 divine damage, Ref DC 30), fear aura (targets with less than 5 HD Will DC 30 or affected as cause fear)
SQ: Blackguard powers, warrior of darkness powers, SR 30, DR 15/good (house rule), Darkvision 60 ft, Fast healing 6, immune to cold, electricity & polymorph, tremorsense 60 ft, turn immunity (can be banished by holy word), undead traits,undead followers (40 HD undead), summon mount (ver abaixo).
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +17, Will +25
Abilities: Str 34 Dex 12 Con - Int 10 Wis 20 Cha 30
Appearance: Undead black knight with full plate armor, mounted in a nightmare.
* Blackguard powers: Aura of despair (-2 save on all at 10 ft), Aura of evil (as evil cleric), command undead (as cleric 8), detect good at will, dark blessing (+ bonus Cha on saves), fiendish servant, poison use, smite good 3/dia, sneak attack +3d6, spells
* Warrior of darkness powers: Darkling weapon (3 rounds preparing + 50 gp, adds special quality +1 to weapon; usually bane vs humans),
- black oil: blind-fight, combat reflexes, Malign fury (3 rounds/day may full attack AND move), Unholy strike (3/dia, +2d6 dmg vs good creatures)
- black magic elixir : +1 inherent bonus to cha, aura of evil (+1 deflection AC), dark senses (tremorsense)
* Blackguard Spells (por dia: 3/3/3/1) - as cleric 10, Save DC: 15 + lvl
(cf DMG e BoVD for spells)
** Spellstiched spell-like abilities (per day: 4/4/2/2/2/1) - as Sorcerer 20 Save DC: 20 + lvl
1- Magic missile, ray of enfeeblement
2- Scorching ray, Web
3- Stinking cloud, vampiric touch
4- Damning darkness,otiluke's resilient sphere
5- Night's caress, stop heart
6- Acid fog
*** Evolved spell-like abilities (1/dia cada, as caster 20)
- greater dispel magic
Mount (house rule): Consider a nightmare with all the miount benefits of a blackguard with 16 character levels.
Treasure: periapt of wisdom +4, crown of charisma +6, girdle of strenght +6, +2 profane unholy longsword (+1d6 em seres vivos, +2d6 in good creatures, they stack) ,+5 full plate, +5 light shield
Bonegrafts: enervating arm (+4 inherent bonus to str , 1/dia touch attack and inflictr 1 negative level, Fort DC 14 to remove) _________________ Kneel before Rahu!
This is pretty good Wykthor! You drew the evilest classes of a few books together into one! He'd give those Demogorgon Deathknights a run for the money for sure! I especially like the Bonegraft. I need to get Libris Mortis now.
Thanks, Mortellan (BTW, the last WoG comic was hilarious :-D ). I refrained from putting more grafts because I wanted to respect the wealth by level guidelines a little. I also was tempted to use the unholy warrior core class, but the source (Book of Fiends, Unholy Warrior Handbook) could be a little too obscure. Perhaps I can post futurely more Epic NPCS in this forum. _________________ Kneel before Rahu!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum