ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Zodal within Rao
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Zodal within Rao
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:07 am  
    Zodal within Rao

Hello Everyone,

The PC is playing a cookie-cutter cleric.

Do you think that an edifice to Zodal would be free standing or that it would be found in a temple to Rao, as Zodal is a servant power of Rao? Many thanks for your input. Wink Cool

I Miss the Wild Coast,
    Dwarf from Nyrond
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 am  

I'd say both. It would vary from city to city, depending upon the influence of each god in that particular city. You might even have an independent temple to Zodal that contains a shrine to Rao, since there's no other Rao-an temple in the city.

I didn't design the world,
    I merely facilitated its creation
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:59 pm  
    changes

Heya Folks,

Sorry, things have changed for the cleric. He is no longer a cleric, so it's cool to let this post die Wink Thanks Basiliv for your input!

Dwarf from Nyrond
    Forum Moderator

Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:46 pm  

haha funny way to end a thread, still a good topic though.

I'd imagine there would be more than one case of sub-shrines within temples to deities sponsored by their superiors. Otherwise these lesser religions would be nearly forgotten. Mayaheine, being foreign to Oerth would've had to have found her start in Pelor's temple and so forth.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun May 01, 2005 11:59 am  
    In Hexpools, In My Campaign...

The Cathedral of the Aerdy Orthodox Church is dedicated to most of the pantheon of deities worshipped in South Province (the Draken Pantheon). The interior of the pantheistic cathedral is a central "courtyard" space with shrines set up all around it. The more dominant deities, Zilchus and Hextor, have the largest shrines, each taking up a wing of the cathedral. Other deities, like Pelor, have an individual shrine. Still other deities are "lumped together" and share shrine space. Fharlanghn and Celestian not only have a shrine split between them, but it also contains a small altar to Geshtai, the foreign goddess who's following traveled to this area (hence her inclusion in this travel-themed grouping).

~Scott C.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: