ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Slavers
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Slavers
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu May 12, 2005 8:54 pm  
    Greyhawk Slavers

Hi

What is "Slavers" - setting or adventure?

Thanks
    Master Greytalker

Thu May 12, 2005 10:17 pm  

Well, there are several editions published.. Mainly, its a series of four adventures set in the Pomarj. The later 'all in one' book had more information on the setting side of things. But its still fundamentally a long multipart adventure.
    Master Greytalker

Fri May 13, 2005 3:52 am  

Actually Slavers! was the sequel to the original set of modules. It's more of a setting with an overall plot thread so that you steer the adventure where you like ranging from low to high levels.

It has quite a bit of new information on the Wild Coast, Pomarj, Dyvers, & Hardby (most of the latter repeated and updated recently in Dungeon) but unfortunately, not a lot of it made it onto the new maps in Dungeon.

It's fun to enhance the Slave Lords to 3.5 with all the prestige classes that are now available. I think that Epic versions of the leaders have been done. Although they're a bit too high for starters in my view, it does give an idea of where they might end up if used as recurring villains.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat May 14, 2005 7:36 am  

PaulN6 wrote:
    Actually Slavers! was the sequel to the original set of modules. It's more of a setting with an overall plot thread so that you steer the adventure where you like ranging from low to high levels.

It has quite a bit of new information on the Wild Coast, Pomarj, Dyvers, & Hardby (most of the latter repeated and updated recently in Dungeon) but unfortunately, not a lot of it made it onto the new maps in Dungeon.

It's fun to enhance the Slave Lords to 3.5 with all the prestige classes that are now available. I think that Epic versions of the leaders have been done. Although they're a bit too high for starters in my view, it does give an idea of where they might end up if used as recurring villains.

IIRC, TSR did actually republish A1-A4 as a compliation with some additonal material, that's the series of adventures. Slavers! is the sequel to those modules, and is also a long adventure that tells you a lot about the history of Turrosh Mak.

Theala
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat May 14, 2005 7:06 pm  

Absolutely correct, Theala. The 1st Edition compilation of A1-4 was called Scourge of the Slavelords, and has some tenuous ties to make a mega-adventure out of ToEE, A1-4, and the GDQ modules. I don't personally like the string of all of that together, but Scourge of the Slavelords has some wonderful lead-ins to get the party to have an emotional investment in stopping the Slave Lords (IMHO). Also, the original A1-4 modules had virtually nothing getting you from A to B to C to D, and Scourge handles the in-between-bits a lot better, including some interaction with Pomarj inhabitants who are not connected with the organization of the Slave Lords.

Definitely worth the $5.00 to pick it up as a PDF, if nothing else.

I didn't design the world,
    I merely facilitated its creation
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: