JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Gradual Release to CF
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer
    Gradual Release to CF
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:04 pm  
    Gradual Release to CF

I would like to offer a thought - if this has not already been considered and outright rejected -that perhaps the GM entries ready for prime time be released to CF one at a time and then the final be aggregated as a single fancy/polished PDF. A dual track approach. For your consideration.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:34 pm  
    Actually

Actually, we have considered this. And I was just working over an article on the history of Hookhill for CF!. They are going to be more teaser articles rather than a full blown article. For example, the Hookhill piece will have the core article, and Yabusama's fantastic map. It will not, however, have the location details of the 64 locations in the map legend.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm  
    Re: Actually

Anced_Math wrote:
    Actually, we have considered this. And I was just working over an article on the history of Hookhill for CF!. They are going to be more teaser articles rather than a full blown article. For example, the Hookhill piece will have the core article, and Yabusama's fantastic map. It will not, however, have the location details of the 64 locations in the map legend.

Perfect. Exclamation This is exactly what I was thinking might be an idea.

At the risk of pushing my luck, let me toss another thought.

My sense is that you have certain areas that you intend to develop. After you have posted maybe three of the above mentioned teasers, might it be a thought to post your outline of the final product to the main forum and essentially say, "Okay. We are working on these areas, and if anyone wants to help - cool. But in all other areas, feel free to - GO NUTS!" Invite participants with no precondition or assignment - sort of a GM Postfest with no end date? Might build momentum and get more people interested/involved?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:01 am  
    Thanks

Hey GVD,

Thanks for the great suggestion. Let me tell you what the problems have been and then what I have been thinking about for a solution.

The first problem is that life intrudes. In this instance it is a little more severe than most in that many of our contributors have been military and they have been/are being deployed. We have misplaced Firepower.

Second, after Katrina I and a few others created a new disaster house for first responders and victims (check it out at http://www.intl-disaster.com/), and that is going great guns right now.

The third problem is that I have nearly 50 articles between 50 and 90% complete. Each is moving forward at the same time and at the same speed. I generally work that way, but it is frustrating to me and others.

Finally, at current, I am nearly the only editor, and I have no talent for that at all.

I have come up with several solutions. What I am hoping to do in order of release is 1) Remove the Campaign Arc from the initial release of the project, and schedule it for a fall release (Ironically, it is currently the item with the most hands assisting). 2) Release one or three articles as teasers, just as you have suggested. 3) Then, in the near future, I hope to open up a significant amount more of the Gran March Website, mainly for peer review. 4) Establish a final website set up. 5) Release a PDF of the total printed package.

How does that sound?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:30 am  

I understand life intruding. I think you are doing a great job, particularly after Katrina.

I had never really thought about it before last Greychat, but the SW Flanaess is the "last frontier" of GH, in that EGG, FtA, GH98 and LG have touched it almost not at all in the sense of any major developments or history. The GM Project and the Sheldomar Timeline are two great examples of the fans taking matters into their own, and very capable, hands.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:00 pm  

What they have not provided, and we hope to is a detailed setting, including towns and people of a level that PC's might know, that a new DM can use.

One of the goals of this is to make it inclusive enough to give the DM a feeling of completeness and playability. LGG is a big volume addressing a lot of real estate. So are the other volumes.

We are working diligently.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: