JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - CZ By the Numbers - 1, 2, 3
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    CZ By the Numbers - 1, 2, 3
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:18 am  
    CZ By the Numbers - 1, 2, 3

In my FLGS yesterday, I noted the new Cosmology book in Troll Lords line of EGG tagged DM products (even though this one is not written by EGG, having only an introduction from him). Flipping through the book, I noted news on Castle Zagyg's future in the form of a last page advertisement.

CZ, which was originally to be 8 volumes, will now appear in only 3 volumes - something that had been speculated since RJK's departure from the project.

The first volume is out. It is Yggsburg.

The second volume will be The Upper Works - the remaining above ground parts of CZ, to include, most notably, Zagig's Tower.

The third volume will be The Dungeons.

No timetable was given for the release of parts 2 and 3 but at least the decision has been made how to proceed now that RJK is no longer involved.

That still leaves open the question of how the modules, following Dark Chateau, which is out, will be released - and when.

The good news is that things are demonstrably moving toward release! Happy

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:29 pm  

Hello GVD,

The first boxed set is slated to be released at Gen Con, in which Gary Gygax will be the GoH. This announced by Steve Chenault at the TLG site.

--Ghul
    CF Admin

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:28 pm  
    Re: CZ By the Numbers - 1, 2, 3

GVDammerung wrote:
    In my FLGS yesterday, I noted the new Cosmology book in Troll Lords line of EGG tagged DM products (even though this one is not written by EGG, having only an introduction from him).

That's a bummer---I thought this one was written by Gary, too. Oh well...

GVDammerung wrote:
    Flipping through the book, I noted news on Castle Zagyg's future in the form of a last page advertisement.

CZ, which was originally to be 8 volumes, will now appear in only 3 volumes - something that had been speculated since RJK's departure from the project.

The first volume is out. It is Yggsburg.

The second volume will be The Upper Works - the remaining above ground parts of CZ, to include, most notably, Zagig's Tower.

The third volume will be The Dungeons.

The good news is that things are demonstrably moving toward release! Happy

Cool :D

Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:31 pm  

I'm hoping they can stick to the timetable but with Gary being incapacitated for a few more weeks it may put a kink in things. If you look at it the whole project has been besieged with problems, health issues and other things.

However I am holding out hope that the series will be seen on schedule as well as the modules and the rumored Yggsburgh boxed set. Happy

Julian<div><br /></div><div><br /></div>
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: