#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:16 am  

WG4 was intended as a companion piece to S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. That adventure was supposed to have been completed in the late 570s (according to Russ Taylor), prior to WG6 Isle of the Ape. I would presume, then, that WG4 would have been completed in the same time frame.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:40 pm  

This is a tough one. Prior to Isle of the Ape is as specific as it gets. As long as you place it a few years before Isle of the Ape, which should be in the early to mid 580's, it will work.
    As DMPrata stated, the adventure was written to be used in con junction with S4.
    I use T1 as a baseline for dating. The background places the start of the adventure at 579 CY.
    The original Lost Caverns was written prior to T1, but the re-written and expanded version, which included much material that shaped the later published campaign, as well as The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun were written and playtested several years after. If you base it on when EGG ran it in his campaign, in relation to the ToEE, 581 would be a good fit, but anytime between 576 and 582 are just as plausable.

Scott
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:42 am  

This might help with future timeline questions:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/ghchrondex.php (note that the link in your browser's left frame is still broken).

But I think the clarification in this thread was very good. I'm not trying to keep you from asking, just spreading the wealth. ;-)

I didn't design the world,
    I merely facilitated its creation
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:55 am  

Does it really matter? Just as a stand alone adventure it works very well. And if your using as part of a greater campaign dealing with the Dark one then it fits wherever you put it.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: