Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Furyondy Great Families- names and Heads of Houses
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Furyondy Great Families- names and Heads of Houses
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 07, 2007 11:20 am  
    Furyondy Great Families- names and Heads of Houses

Can someone provide a quick recap o fhte names/heads of the Furyondian Great Families circa CY591? Tried to get info from the archives and perhaps did not put in the correct search criteria.

Also, the names of Belvor's surviving children (besides Thrommel, who as a vampire could be considered un-surviving).

Thanks, all.

Doug
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 07, 2007 3:24 pm  
    Re: Furyondy Great Families- names and Heads of Houses

Douginator wrote:
    Can someone provide a quick recap o fhte names/heads of the Furyondian Great Families circa CY591? Tried to get info from the archives and perhaps did not put in the correct search criteria.

Also, the names of Belvor's surviving children (besides Thrommel, who as a vampire could be considered un-surviving).

Thanks, all.

Doug

If you're referring to the Seven Families, the provincial leaders who are not the King, they are:
    Baroness Jelleneth Kalinstren (rules Kalinstren)
    Baron Jemain (rules Littleberg)
    Baron Xanthan Butrain (rules Willip)
    Count Artur Jakartai (rules Crystalreach)
    Duke Benal Tyneman (rules the Reach)
    Countess Kyarn Rhavell (rules the Gold County)
    Viscount Luther Derwent (rules the March)

The King has no known surviving children.

Tue May 08, 2007 7:22 am  

FuryondyPlayers,

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. I had thought Belvor had daughters, but I am obviously mistaken.

Thanks again.

Doug
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 am  

One more question- who is Calthene, and where did she come from? I found documentation specifying her as a ward of Belvor, but how did that come to be?

Thanks.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 08, 2007 5:44 pm  

Douginator wrote:
    One more question- who is Calthene, and where did she come from? I found documentation specifying her as a ward of Belvor, but how did that come to be?

Thanks.

I do not know of the NPC you speak of (and this may actually become very important in the Living Greyhawk campaign soon). Can you provide me with your reference?

Wed May 09, 2007 6:58 am  

Calthene is listed 3 times by gvdammerung- "The Crown Provinces of Furyondy", Furyondy Reforged - A Brief History & Chronology" and "King Artur's Knights - The Knights of Fury".

I apologize, my skills at linking material are limited at best.

I understand it may not be Canon, but I am more interested how she came to be. It may fit better into my scenario

Thanks
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed May 09, 2007 5:22 pm  

Not sure where she's from. I've never heard of her, and all the stuff you mention is post-canon fan material.

Wed May 09, 2007 5:30 pm  

Perhaps I can clear the confusion;

GVDammerung- "The Crown Provinces of Furyondy", Furyondy Reforged - A Brief History & Chronology" and "King Artur's Knights - The Knights of Fury".

Was a Literary attempt by GVD to "Greyhawk" the King Arthur Myth; It was simply a literary attempt not as a actual article to use within the official GH.

Think of it as an alternative timeline version of GH.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 am  

Regarding Baron Jemain, it seems that he has no family name - yet it is quite clear there are 7 great families in Furyondy - so what's Jemain's family?
    GreySage

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:29 am  

When in doubt, I'd use the name of his fief. House Littleberg. Probably if a noble isn't given a family name it means that he's only recently been made a noble. He'll give his family name to his children, but he hasn't inherited one from his ancestors. My guess is that Jemian was made a baron after earning his way up the military ranks and given a barony after the old baron's line had died out or been disinherited.

Another possibility is that his family name is Greylode, the name of the castle he built (currently being used as a penal colony). If so, Jemian might come from a family of miners, mine owners, or mine foremen.

A third possibility is that Jemian is his family name. He might have another personal name that the sourcebooks don't reveal, or his children might use the baron's only name as the name of their family.

It's Jemian, by the way, not Jemain. At least, that's how it's spelled in The Marklands.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: