JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Undersea Alliance Adventure Path
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Undersea Alliance Adventure Path
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 pm  
    Undersea Alliance Adventure Path

Wolfire has submitted An Undersea Alliance Adventure Path.

Link - http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=865

This is really nicely thought out. I never thought about squeezing in adventures between adventures and certainly had no idea the adventures suggested were out there and would fit in so easily. I like things I hadn't anticipated and I was doubly surprised and pleased here. Well done!

The only thing I can think to quibble with is the potential to rise too high in level due to the XP gained on the Undersea Adventure path for the next adventure. But as I use a nonstandard XP system, this is not a problem for me at any rate.

Very cool article!

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:30 pm  

I agree. Its a really excellent way to go about doing the series. The DM really has to jump through some hoops to make sure the PCs don't whack the lizardmen, imho. Even in a party used to a lot of intrigue and interaction with "monsters", its not especially well set up to make such a reconciliation likely, except in an aftermath of slaughter.

And there are few players that really find scouting missions a satisfactory conclusion. They'll want to be part of any final assault. As far as the risk of overleveling, I think that was rather the point. The double function of this adventure chain is to tie together the alliance despite the probable massacre of the lizardfolk and to bump up the party level to where they can realistically have a shot at taking out the sahuagin headquarters themselves.

A very very good article. Thanks!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:10 am  

Thanks and I am glad you enjoyed it. I sent in a map to go with it and hopefully someday it will make it into the article, but in the mean time here it is:

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:39 pm  

Aggghhh! My eyes!!!

Happy

Seriously though Wolfsire, a very nice submission, and a great example of how you can pull together disparate parts to make a whole campaign.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: