JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - OJ#22 the twin cataclysms
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    OJ#22 the twin cataclysms
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:09 am  
    OJ#22 the twin cataclysms

Without disdaining the great work of the OJ staff, I think I stumbled on an issue about the actors of the twin cataclysms in the article written by Maldin and Duicarthan.
    On the list showing the High Mages of Power who perfromed the Invoked Devastation, we see there is Slerotin on top. But he is known to have fled in 5069 SD ( -447 CY ) with the emperor's scion Zellifar-ad-Zol to the East through the Passage of Slerotin and suposedly died in 5093 SD ( -423 CY ) when they met the Three Houses in Pursuit for parleys, creating the Great Rift
    However, since he was perhaps one of the most powerful mage of history, we could assume he had clones ready in case of such event. So when the Suloise Imperial Council learned of the incoming Baklunish Magical Assault, Slerotin, in a new body, came to perform the Ritual of the Invoked Devastation. Since the Imperium was utterly destroyed in the Rain of Colorless Fire, we could consider that all the remaining clones ( if any ) of Slerotin and the other Mages of Power were destroyed, thus preventing their return. But who knows with such powerful wizards… ?
    Forum Moderator

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:07 pm  

Interesting post there Galencudin. I will be sure to point this out to the authors if I see them in chat so you get some sort of answer to this (I would research it myself but I'm shorthanded currently).
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:48 am  

I am quite late to answer but thanks Mortellan.
    Few weeks ago I send an email to the OJ staff about the same topic but I did not receive any answer. So I post it here.

Happy New Year to all at CanonFire! Happy
    Another year for the GreyHawk World Happy
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:43 pm  

Sorry... I almost never wander from the main GH forum. I blame the constant, unrelenting forward march of time... and my ancestors (for no particular reason).

I must disavow all responsibility for placing Slerotin on any list that says Slerotin helped call down the Invoked Devastation. That part of the article was written by Duic. Simplest solution is, sure... Slerotin was one of the Mages of Power on the Suel council. However, NOT all of the Mages of Power actually participated in the ID. Slerotin was one of the mages that was not present on that fateful day, and I'd wager that he was not the only absent Mage. Bwahaahahahaah!!!

Denis, aka "Maldin"
    Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:19 am  

Quote:
    However, NOT all of the Mages of Power actually participated in the ID. Slerotin was one of the mages that was not present on that fateful day, and I'd wager that he was not the only absent Mage.

That is for sure... It lets many opportunities for later developpements (as I mentionned eons ago, the High Mages of power should have one or two prepared clones in case of emergencies).
    Regarding how the Brotherhood escaped the Rain of Colorless Fire, it should be very unlikely that Mages that powerful could not escape or did not have hideouts somewhere else in the Suloise Imperium or even on another planes.

Nonetheless, it was a very good article.

Long live GreyHawk
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: