Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - POSTFEST IX(Brewfest 2008): Open Category!!!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive
    POSTFEST IX(Brewfest 2008): Open Category!!!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:24 pm  
    POSTFEST IX(Brewfest 2008): Open Category!!!

Hello all!

It is with great gladness that I make the announcement that Postfest has returned! Not only has it returned, but it will become a regular feature from now on. As its name suggests, Postfest is a “festival of posting”, and what better time of the year is there to celebrate such a festival of posting. Why, during the Greyhawk festivals of course, and so this Postfest begins once again during Brewfest(October 1-7) of this year. Everyone will have one month(until Nobember 7th in this case) to submit an entry for each Postfest, so get to writing already! The next Postfest will begin during Needfest(January 1-7), the next one during Growfest(April 1-7), and the next one during Richfest(July 1-7) so keep an eye out for future announcements.

Each Postfest usually will have a theme, but because it has been some time since the last Postfest, this one will be an “OPEN CATEGORYPostfest so that everyone can get their feet wet so to speak. Anyone who wants to can submit an article on just about anything, just so long as it has to do with Greyhawk of course. If you are not sure what to write about, think of something YOU like about Greyhawk and write about that. People always write best about something that they know about and like.

And now a few pointers for everyone: Be sure to at the very least SPELL CHECK your article. Then, look it over for any other mistakes that may still be there. To submit your finished article, follow the Submit Article link here http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Submit_News , cut-n’-paste your article into the appropriate area and follow the instructions. Be sure to write a very short description of what your entry is about- a nice little sound bite blurb to put in the first section of the Submit Article page. Also, in the article title space be sure to type “Postfest:” followed by the title of your article.

If anybody has any questions about anything regarding Postfest, please post them here.

Last edited by Cebrion on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:59 am; edited 6 times in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:09 am  

This postfest begins Oct 1-7. When does it end? In other words, what is our deadline to post before the official judging begins?

Don

ps - Oh, duh. I re-read the announcement and see that we have one month, presumably until Nov. 7th.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 pm  

IronGolem wrote:
    This postfest begins Oct 1-7. When does it end? In other words, what is our deadline to post before the official judging begins?

Don

ps - Oh, duh. I re-read the announcement and see that we have one month, presumably until Nov. 7th.

Yeah, it's kinda hidden there at the end. Should be higher up (ie, "postfests will begin on brewfest, etc, etc, etc, and run for one month...".)
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 pm  

I do believe you guys are right. I moved the deadline to the top bit. Wink

Last edited by Cebrion on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:32 pm  

Hi All,

Maybe I'm dense, but is there a specific topic for the article or is it a free for all subject this Postfest? Cool

Where's me quill?
    Dwarf from Nyrond
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:07 pm  
    Re: POSTFEST 2008- Brewfest!!!

Cebrion wrote:

Each Postfest usually will have a theme, but because it has been some time since the last Postfest, this one will be an “open category” Postfest so that everyone can get their feet wet so to speak. Anyone who wants to can submit an article on just about anything, just so long as it has to do with Greyhawk of course. If you are not sure what to write about, think of something YOU like about Greyhawk and write about that. People always write best about something that they know about and like.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:24 am  
    buy the good stuff

Oh. My. Gawd! How in the Nine Hells did I miss that?!? Okay, putting the crack pipe down and walking away.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:14 am  

Any progress on getting the submit form working? The preview was still not working for me last night. Please let me know if I sould just wait, submit without preview, e-mail the text or something else. Thanks.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:49 am  

Any progress?

Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:21 pm  

I'll ask Gary tonight. Otherwise feel free to email the document as is to
    editors@canonfire.com and/or psmedger@canonfire.com and it'll get formatted properly when the time comes. No worries.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm  
    My postfest article is in

Alrighty,

I got my humble submission in. The preview feature was wonky, but I think it got in OK. Here's a preview: I am posting a sequel to Hell on Oerth (called creatively Hell on Oerth II).

Again, I like to do stat light, story heavy articles. Hope this is found useful. So how many article do we have in the hopper for this postfest?

O-D
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:06 am  

I checked your article and there is no text in it whatsoever. This is of course the problem we are having with the preview feature of the Submit Article page right now.

So, follow Mortellan's directions and e-mail your submission to editors@canonfire.com and it will get taken care of.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:13 pm  
    Emailed submission

OK,

I just emailed it, let me know if you got it. BTW, how many other articles do we have for this postfest?

O-D
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:12 am  

I emailed on in.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:19 pm  

I hope they are released slow, one at a time like the upf, rather than as a big wad.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:10 pm  

I forgot the postfest Shocked

Maybe a front page reminder for those with no memory Embarassed

Look forward to reading the submissions Smile
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:23 am  

That's definitely going to be done for the next one. I need to bug Don or Gary about getting the Postfest entries up for viewing.

Yo! Don! Gary! Happy
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:03 am  

ttt

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:19 pm  

We only have one submission this time. Sad Now that more people know that Postfest is back, hopefully more people will submit offerings this next time around. The community has chosen the topic(Inns & Taverns), and I have added some general guidelines. We'll see what happens. I am cautiously optimistic. Happy

EDIT: There is more than 1 submission and they will be compiled and posted in this new forum soon.

Thread closed.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: