ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Salinmoor Sites: Rodeni Manor
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Salinmoor Sites: Rodeni Manor
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:18 am  
    Salinmoor Sites: Rodeni Manor

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=920

This is nice -- nice enough to make me want to read some of the other articles about Salinmoor!

Of particular interest to me is the placement of the inn. Thank goodness someone else out there understands that an inn would not be an unprotected building just sitting out at a lonely crossroad like a modern day Motel 6. The innkeeper would want to build in as secure a location as possible, such as within the walls of his lord's manorhouse. Conversely, a lord is going to want an inn nearby and handy for commoners to stay in so he doesn't have to put them up in his nice guest rooms.

Little is said of the main hall. It is a nice bit of misdirection that goes against tropes (just picked up that word from reading Mortellan's W.O.G. strips) to have the main entrance to the dungeon is under the inn instead of the main hall. Still, I would have liked to have read more about the main hall. It is the area PCs are going to head straight to when exploring the place, out of habit, so more description of the inside structure would have been helpful.

Is the dungeon complex coming as a future installment?

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:42 pm  

I didn't write much about the main keep because frankly in my own version there isn't much there. there are several rooms to explore in there, but other then a few giant rats and one minor trap there is nothing of danger there and only a few gold pieces worth of treasure to be found. Although at one point after one group of characters had been to and from the manor several times I considered having a group of bandits move into the main keep to take them by surprise the next time they showed up (I felt they were getting lax in their cautiousness while in the upper ruins).

I will also point out that my map of the castle has the gatehouse at the western side and the main keep on the eastern side (opposite of the the way it is written in the background), this was intentional, and served to warn the players that not everything that they might have heard about the place was quite accurate. a map of the upper ruins level of Rodeni Manor can be found HERE
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:42 pm  

HERE is a link to the map of the 1st level of dungeon beneath Rodeni Manor.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:46 am  

I know I'm a few months late on getting to this thread, but I love it! Huge fan of Saltmarsh and Salinmoor and would love to "develop"...cough...steal/borrow...cough your ideas. Wink

The maps are very good...oh, for a KEY to these maps! Smile

Anyway, please write up some more of this goodness and share.
    Peace!
    -g-
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:27 pm  

thanks for the kind words.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: