Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Postfest XIV(Richfest 2010): Greyhawk- NPCs!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive
    Postfest XIV(Richfest 2010): Greyhawk- NPCs!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon May 31, 2010 8:56 pm  
    Postfest XIV(Richfest 2010): Greyhawk- NPCs!

Welcome to Postfest XIV(Richfest 2010): Greyhawk- NPCs!

The topic of this Postfest is NPCs in all their various forms. From the lowliest manure covered peasant to the most powerful of world-changing wizards, from the most noble hero to the most black-hearted villain, and all the shades of Grey in between, NPCs are what bring anyone's Greyhawk to life. Your submission(s) may run the gamut of all possibilities.

Though not set in stone, it is recommended that you cover an NPC that has not been covered before, or one that has been covered very little. Better still, create something new and unique that builds on what is already known! Please post what you will be writing about in this thread. Duplicate topics are okay but we would like to keep it to a minimum.

Now, on to the format. Your submission should be in the realm of 1,000-4,000 words or so in length. That is not set in stone either, but it is a good average length for any Article. As usual, be sure to not only Spell Check your article but read it over yourself, as Spell Check will catch many things, but seldom everything.

You may submit your article HERE. Be sure to write a short introductory teaser for your article and be sure to cite any sources you may have used as well. ***See the directions at the top of the Submissions page if you have any problems with the text not being accepted(this may happen if you use Internet Explorer). Even if the text is not accepted, *you must still submit your article title on the Submissions page*. When e-mailing an article to editorsatcanonfirecom, be sure that your article is in simple Word form, with no formatting of any sort if possible(the simpler the better). This just makes things a whole lot easier for us to deal with, so please take the time to do this.

Make sure you put the title of your submission in the following format:

Postfest XIV(Richfest 2010): TITLE OF YOUR ARTICLE

***Submissions are due by August 31st!!!

Thanks.

---The Canonfire! Staff

Last edited by Cebrion on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:12 am  

Fores some inspiration, see the Postfest III entries HERE.

This Postfest is a bit broader in scope, as it covers any and all NPCs and not just Villains & Foils. Heroes, villains, neither- any NPC fits the bill this time around. Cool

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 pm  
    Richfest

Hey Ceb,
    I was looking for this post fest I kept looking in the post fest forum I thought it would be there. Originally i was going to write up my bard Aoric. But it will either be Argon in my alter-oerth Troll born Barbarian. Maybe an orcish npc of mine named Durock. To think of it I also have a half-elven ranger who's favored enemy is elves. His name is Goninn and his trusted companion Garida.

Would this be better served in the post fest forum?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:12 am  

Postfest entry submitted The Chanter of Spirits.
    Master Greytalker

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 am  

Spogue’s Salubrious Circus of Serendipity is on the way soon!
    Master Greytalker

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 pm  

Wait, I have until August 31st?

This may take a little while, then - ideas are flowing!

(I'll still make the deadline easily, though. No worries, Cebrion!)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:51 pm  

Another month! Do I get extra points for making the original deadline?
    Just kidding!

Anyhow maybe I'll submit another one as well!
    GreySage

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:12 am  

Okay, I'm a long-time lurker, newbie poster to Cannonfire! I posted an NPC in the link provided above in the OP, but can't find the entry now. Where do I need to go to find it? Confused

Thanks!

SirXaris
    Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:59 am  

SirXaris,
    Articles/Posts submitted to CF for frontpage publication are emailed to various admins and will be spiffed up to read eventually. I know I received your entry in my inbox so rest assured it got through. Is that what you needed to know?

p.s. Welcome to Canonfire contribution. Good to have ya!
    GreySage

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 am  

Mortellan,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the double post - I don't see a way for me to delete the second post or I'd happily do it.

I would like to edit my SirXaris entry by adding basic stats and equipment (and mentioning his Paladin mount, etc.) if that is okay. Should I wait for it to be posted, then edit it, or should I send you the additional material separately?

When the Admins (you) are finished 'spiffing it up', will I find it by going to the Rogues Gallery, or somewhere else?

Thanks, again! Smile

SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:07 am  

All entries will be posted to the front page as Articles.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:13 am  

SirXaris wrote:
    Mortellan,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the double post - I don't see a way for me to delete the second post or I'd happily do it.

I would like to edit my SirXaris entry by adding basic stats and equipment (and mentioning his Paladin mount, etc.) if that is okay. Should I wait for it to be posted, then edit it, or should I send you the additional material separately?

When the Admins (you) are finished 'spiffing it up', will I find it by going to the Rogues Gallery, or somewhere else?

The trouble with CF articles is you need to be pretty happy with how it is when you submit it. Editing old articles is out of the question unless you have access. If there is that much to add to the article, then yes, send it by email this time (submitting it through the form just creates a placeholder for the article anyhow) to editors@canonfire.com.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 pm  

Alright, alright! So I'm late. I was unavoidably detained. It wasn't my fault. I'll get it there when it's ready. Stop bugging me already!

Okay, so nobody's bugging me, but my submission is going to be late. No prize for me, I guess.

Sorry, guys. I'll have it there as soon as I can.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 am  

Entries will begin posting in about a week.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:24 am  

The first entry has posted. The rest will post every few days thereafter. Cool

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:54 pm  

Thanks for posting them! Happy

If I want to add information, should I do it as a reply to the original or is there a different manner in which I should go about it?

SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:17 pm  

Email me(to editorscanonfirecom) a copy of a fully updated, and *FULLY EDITED*, copy of your article, and I'll get to it when I can. For the future, be sure that your submissions are in their final form when you submit them. I am the only who does much of anything for the site, so anything that can be done to make life easier for me should be done. Wink

The entries have now been posted, this thread has outlived its usefulness. If anybody has any further questions or requests, please contact me via private message. Congrats to those with the wherewithal to submit something. Happy
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: