JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - New Campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Campaign Journals & General Online Play
    New Campaign
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:43 am  
    New Campaign

I'm currently a player (female, human rogue level 3) in a Greyhawk campaign and our party is busy exploring the depths of the moat house in a heavily modified TOEE campaign.

Our DM has incorporated several of his own plot hooks and we're having a blast. Several of us are long time DMs only recently returned to Greyhawk from paths unknown. We have gone for a classic party setup, i.e. A Paladin, a Rogue, a Cleric, a Mage (Sorcerer) and an elven Fighter.

We want to post some of our campaign logs here on Canonfire and would appreciate any feedback.

We spent nearly three months on playing through various preludes to the campaign's official start and it is almost a year in now - using Pathfinder rules. We plan on campaigning through the "classic" super modules.

Look forward to your comments.
    GreySage

Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 pm  

You post it, I'll follow it. I'm notorious for that. Wink Happy Cool

Just ask Flint! Laughing

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 am  

Wow, please do post a journal, I too am just about ready to throw my group back into Hommlet and and trying to work some new and additional ideas into the story since I will not be including the larger ToEE into the storyline.

This would be great!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 am  

Wow, please do post a journal, I too am just about ready to throw my group back into Hommlet and and trying to work some new and additional ideas into the story since I will not be including the larger ToEE into the storyline.

This would be great!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:45 pm  

Warlock,

We would love to see a Campaign Journal. Its nice to read other groups campaign sessions. Heck cawdmorris is so eager he double posted. Laughing

Later

Argon
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 pm  

The campaign from 2010 came to an end due to some players changes.

LEGACY: The Path to Adventure is a 6 part adventure taking players from level 0 - 20 over a 3 year period.

Prelude to Adventure, Temple of Elemental Evil, Prelude to Slavery, Scourge of the Slave Lords, Prelude to a Kiss, Queen of the Spiders.

I will be kicking of the "New" version of LEGACY: The Path of Heroes next year January. The campaign will be run using the Pathfinder rule system with some house rules for flavour. I have placed a large emphasis on props to help bring the campaign to life, handouts, maps, etc. I have even had each player's mini custom made. I will be building a replica of the Village of Hommlet, roughly going to be around 2m x 1m big. Well I am trying to scale it that it will fit on the table. The players will only see this once they have reached Hommlet itself.

The Adventurers

Baruk Menackis - Human Rogue, Donavan von Weselight - Human Paladin, Duerin Stonecarver - Dwarven Cleric, Gorlag Krothu - Half-Orc Fighter, Kaylynn Greylocke - Half-Elf Ranger, Malik Nomeldem - Elven Sorcerer.

This is the Tier 1 characters as I am expecting a couple of deaths along the way. Players will be allowed to introduce additional characters, which then would be Tier 2, 3, 4 etc. A Player will be allowed to selected different characters to play through out the campaign as long as the active character is not more than a couple of level higher than the players other tier characters. i.e I could have a level 1 Rogue, level 3 Fighter and a level 2 Cleric but I have to give then equal play time. That is if they haven't died.

Player's Guide to World of Greyhawk

This is my compilation of rules, ideas and articles that I have put together over the years that I will be finishing in the new year to give to my players.
    This will cover everything a player or dungeon master needs to play or run a World of Greyhawk Campaign.

All mockup characters and covers were made by me but is for personal use only, as all original artwork / material is still property of respective artists.

More to follow ....
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 am  

Ok, so Rory beat me to it!

Our previous campaign ended at the end of 2010 and we've been playing a mix of other short term "fillers" while we waited for things to pick up again.

We'll finally kick off early in 2012 with the new campaign arc.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:16 am  

I'll definitely be watching to see if you post any campaign logs and I hope you have a blast when you get to start back up. Smile

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 pm  

Dark Herald,

Nice use of Greyhawk art in your post!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:09 am  

Argon wrote:
    Dark Herald,

Nice use of Greyhawk art in your post!

+1.

Love the Greyhawk covers. Would love to know how these are done.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Campaign Journals & General Online Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: