Signup
Welcome to... Canonfire! World of GreyhawK
Features
Touring the Flanaess
Cities of
Oerth
Deadly Denizens
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Anybody made a list of PF Domains for the Greyhawk gods???
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Anybody made a list of PF Domains for the Greyhawk gods???
    Author Message
    Black Hand of Oblivion

    Joined: Feb 16, 2003
    Posts: 3776
    From: So. Cal

    Send private message
    Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 am  
    Anybody made a list of PF Domains for the Greyhawk gods???

    As the title says, has anybody made a list of Pathfinder cleric Domains for the Greyhawk gods?
    _________________
    - Moderator/Admin (in some areas)/Member -
    Journeyman Greytalker

    Joined: Aug 22, 2005
    Posts: 298
    From: Ahlissa

    Send private message
    Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 am  

    I was just about to ask the same question since I'm studying the PF rules.

    There are sub-domains in the Advanced Player guide as well that I thought about including.

    Anna
    Apprentice Greytalker

    Joined: Aug 01, 2011
    Posts: 97


    Send private message
    Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38 am  

    Somewhat related to this, does anyone know why they decided to give Vecna the Madness domain in 3.5? Doesn't really seem to fit him all that well, unless I am missing something.
    GreySage

    Joined: Jul 26, 2010
    Posts: 2530
    From: LG Dyvers

    Send private message
    Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:22 pm  

    Iressi wrote:
    Somewhat related to this, does anyone know why they decided to give Vecna the Madness domain in 3.5? Doesn't really seem to fit him all that well, unless I am missing something.


    I'm not well-versed on it, but there's a story somewhere about him suspecting his one true love of some kind of betrayal, executing her, then discovering she was innocent. Made him very angry, which turned into madness.

    Hopefully someone can correct my poor recollection of this event. Embarassed

    SirXaris
    Adept Greytalker

    Joined: Sep 21, 2003
    Posts: 538
    From: Germany

    Send private message
    Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:28 am  

    SKR did: Greyhawk Deities Expanded Domain List

    [Edit] Oh well, you meant PF... Can't say.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

    Joined: Feb 16, 2003
    Posts: 3776
    From: So. Cal

    Send private message
    Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:38 pm  

    I have SKR's list. Thanks, though. Might be just what somebody else is looking for.
    _________________
    - Moderator/Admin (in some areas)/Member -
    GreySage

    Joined: Jul 26, 2010
    Posts: 2530
    From: LG Dyvers

    Send private message
    Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:44 pm  

    Hmm... I just came to me that the DM for my Pathfinder group allowed me to bring a Greyhawk character to Golarion. Cumber is Sir Xaris' clerical son and revers Heironeous. We decided that on Golarion, Heironeous was known as Iomedae. It was a simple comparison since the two gods were extremely similar - even having the same symbol. Shocked

    You might simply do that for every Greyhawk god, then apply the Pathfinder domains, etc. to each of the Greyhawk gods as their respective Golarion counterparts possess.

    SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

    Joined: Feb 16, 2003
    Posts: 3776
    From: So. Cal

    Send private message
    Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:16 pm  

    SirXaris wrote:
    Hmm... I just came to me that the DM for my Pathfinder group allowed me to bring a Greyhawk character to Golarion. Cumber is Sir Xaris' clerical son and revers Heironeous. We decided that on Golarion, Heironeous was known as Iomedae. It was a simple comparison since the two gods were extremely similar - even having the same symbol. Shocked

    You might simply do that for every Greyhawk god, then apply the Pathfinder domains, etc. to each of the Greyhawk gods as their respective Golarion counterparts possess.

    SirXaris

    Nah. if nobody has tailored the PF domains to GH deities yet, I'll do it myself.

    Also, Iomedae has more in common with Mayaheine, as the downward pointing sword(with accents) is her holy symbol. Even her back story follows that of Mayaheine to a large degree. Heironeous' symbol is not a sword, but a lightning bolt, or a fist clutching a lightning bolt.

    Oh, Sir Xaris. I am afraid your knighthood/paladin status is greatly in jeopardy for not knowing the symbol of your own god. You may have to go on quest or ten in way of atonement. Laughing
    _________________
    - Moderator/Admin (in some areas)/Member -


    Last edited by Cebrion on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

    Joined: Oct 06, 2008
    Posts: 2781
    From: South-Central Pennsylvania

    Send private message
    Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:13 am  

    I banish Sir Xaris back to the World of Greyhawk for not knowing his own God's symbol!


    I, Great Nethys, cast . . . BANISHMENT!


    At 40th level -- No Save, No Spell Resistance! Shocked Evil Grin
    _________________
    Mystic's web page: http://melkot.com/mysticscholar/index.html
    Mystic's blog page: http://mysticscholar.blogspot.com/
    GreySage

    Joined: Jul 26, 2010
    Posts: 2530
    From: LG Dyvers

    Send private message
    Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 am  

    Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    I banish Sir Xaris back to the World of Greyhawk for not knowing his own God's symbol!


    I, Great Nethys, cast . . . BANISHMENT!


    At 40th level -- No Save, No Spell Resistance! Shocked Evil Grin


    Ahh... If only. Smile

    You two are correct. My mistake. Heironeous' weapon is a longsword, not his holy symbol, and Iomedae is more similar to Mayaheine than Heironeous. Nevertheless, my DM was gracious. I was not all that thrilled about playing in a world other than Greyhawk (Golarion), so he allowed me to come up with a backstory that made me happy. Happy So, it works well enough for me.

    SirXaris
    GreySage

    Joined: Oct 06, 2008
    Posts: 2781
    From: South-Central Pennsylvania

    Send private message
    Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 am  

    Then it's "all good," as they say. Wink
    _________________
    Mystic's web page: http://melkot.com/mysticscholar/index.html
    Mystic's blog page: http://mysticscholar.blogspot.com/
    CF Admin

    Joined: Jul 28, 2001
    Posts: 498
    From: on the way to Bellport

    Send private message
    Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 am  

    Reviewing old threads, I am intrigued to learn that Golarion may well be the homeworld of Mayaheine, which if true indicates probabilities regarding how the worlds' timelines may correspond!
    Journeyman Greytalker

    Joined: Jul 17, 2008
    Posts: 157
    From: Philadelphia, PA

    Send private message
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:12 pm  

    Cebrion wrote:
    Oh, Sir Xaris. I am afraid your knighthood/paladin status is greatly in jeopardy for not knowing the symbol of your own god. You may have to go on quest or ten in way of atonement. Laughing


    What's that howling I hear?




    A Hound of Ill Omen, perhaps? Wink
    GreySage

    Joined: Jul 26, 2010
    Posts: 2530
    From: LG Dyvers

    Send private message
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:16 pm  

    You guys aren't going to let this one go any time soon are you? rolleyes

    I never claimed to know everything! I'm not Rasgon or Cebrion! Razz

    SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

    Joined: Jul 17, 2008
    Posts: 157
    From: Philadelphia, PA

    Send private message
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 pm  

    Yeesh, SirX, I get no points for the Olde school allusion?

    You guys are a tough crowd! Razz
    GreySage

    Joined: Jul 26, 2010
    Posts: 2530
    From: LG Dyvers

    Send private message
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:07 pm  

    DrassustheGaunt wrote:
    Yeesh, SirX, I get no points for the Olde school allusion?

    You guys are a tough crowd! Razz


    I loved that old picture, but couldn't remember where it came from. Nice one, Drassus. Smile

    SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

    Joined: Jul 10, 2003
    Posts: 1234
    From: New Jersey

    Send private message
    Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm  

    Sir Xaris,

    You have lost your Paladinhood. To atone for your sins you must say three thousand Hail Gygax and three hundred All Sargents! Laughing
    Apprentice Greytalker

    Joined: Sep 16, 2006
    Posts: 60
    From: Spinecastle

    Send private message
    Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:43 pm  

    mtg wrote:
    Reviewing old threads, I am intrigued to learn that Golarion may well be the homeworld of Mayaheine

    What? Where?
    Journeyman Greytalker

    Joined: Feb 06, 2011
    Posts: 201
    From: South Africa, Cape Town

    Send private message
    Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 pm  

    I would really like to get the PF Greyhawk God Domains project off the ground. Anyone willing to get this off the ground?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

    Joined: Jul 10, 2003
    Posts: 1234
    From: New Jersey

    Send private message
    Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm  

    Dark Herald,

    I would help in this endeavor. Unfortunately I don't even have a PF paperweight.

    Later

    Argon
    CF Admin

    Joined: Jul 28, 2001
    Posts: 498
    From: on the way to Bellport

    Send private message
    Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:11 pm  

    Hey Ashur, I was responding to Cebrion's point from a few days ago that:
    Quote:
    Also, Iomedae has more in common with Mayaheine, as the downward pointing sword(with accents) is her holy symbol. Even her back story follows that of Mayaheine to a large degree.

    It was news to me, but lacking my books I can't confirm it myself. Nevertheless, it makes sense to me that Golarion should have significant correspondences (and much more divergences) from Greyhawk, given Paizo's principals and writers, audience and fans, etc.
    Display posts from previous:   
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

    Jump to:  

    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum


    Forums ©


    Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

    Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!


    Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

    PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.36 Seconds