ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Canonfire! Chronicles Art
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! Chronicles
    Canonfire! Chronicles Art
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:35 pm  
    Canonfire! Chronicles Art

Hi,

I've agreed to take responsiblity for the art direction for both the Canonfire! Chronicles.

The A-Series Art Contest proved that there are lots of talented artists within our Canonfire! fold and it would be great to get as many contributing artists as involved as possible.

As the fanzine is a not-for-profit venture there is no pay involved but as a struggling illustrator myself I know first hand how these zines are a great platform to get your work seen by people within the gaming industry.

It's important to note however that this isn't just an opportunity for budding professional artists. It's a great outlet of expression and creativity for anyone who loves their hobby and wants to contribute some artwork of any style.

Below is the excerpt from our submissions guidelines relevant to artists;

"Art Submissions
    We ask that all of your images be clean, crisp, with a high amount of contrast. All art submissions should be emailed to oerthjournal (at) gmail (dot) com, and will be forwarded to the Art Director for approval. We do not accept previously published art, work that is not your own, or any second hand graphics from other websites. If you have an original illustration that reflects heavy Dungeons and Dragons or Greyhawk based environments or NPC’s, we’d be glad to take a look. Things we’d really like to see would include compelling NPC portrayals, city/ state/ geographical maps, unique dungeon maps (for adventures), and background/ décor art."

If you're interested in getting involved with the artwork then feel free to send me a PM.[/i]

Last edited by Wolfling on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 am  

Thanks for accepting this responsibility, Wolfling. We'll get some quality publications going again soon with your help. Smile

Oh, and it's the Canonfire! Chronicles, not the Canonfire! Crier. Wink

SirXaris

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 am  

Cebrion pointed out my confusion with the title earlier - just as well I'm not doing the editing! Happy
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:41 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    Thanks for accepting this responsibility, Wolfling. We'll get some quality publications going again soon with your help. Smile

Oh, and it's the Canonfire! Chronicles, not the Canonfire! Crier. Wink

SirXaris

Folks, that's why he's the editor- in- chief! Wink

Later

Argon
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 am  

I just wanted to give all our contributing artists for the first issue of Canonfore! Chronicles a status update.

I know some of you are getting frustrated at not having seen your work released yet but we're doing our best to get things moving and I'd ask that you bear with us for a bit longer so that you can see your work featured in a tighter, more professional looking product rather than something rushed.

I know first hand how frustrating it can be waiting to see your work released so I'd like to thank you all for your patience!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! Chronicles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: