JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The D&D "Iconic" Character stories as Flaneass
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The D&D "Iconic" Character stories as Flaneass
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue May 06, 2014 1:18 pm  
    The D&D "Iconic" Character stories as Flaneass

I never bothered to read any of the novels on the D&D 3X icons (Lidda, Jozan, etc), assuming that they had little to offer in terms of either Flanaess canon or literary merit.

I was looking through Dragon #303, and it had an excerpt, "Prying Eyes," which mentions that "His Bellicose Majesty" Ingemar put the hammer down on the Church of Pelor in his territories. I checked, and "His Bellicose Majesty" is indeed the proper title for Ingemar, King of the Snow Barbarians, as I suspected. It could be a throw-away line to make it "Greyhawky," since the rest of the tale seems generic (Pelor is a "Core Deity" in D&D 3X). Could there be anything of use here? Confused

I'm missing a lot of context (it is an excerpt from a much longer novel). I thought that a relatively large Pelorian presence among the Snow Barbarians would be odd, but it does make sense that they'd have missionaries among the heathens. At worst, it's an interesting idea to store away. Wink
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed May 07, 2014 10:56 am  

Always meant to get these to see if there was more GH than the passing reference you mention below.

IIRC there was also a Dungeon adventure tied to the Jozan story but can't remember the title or issue at the moment. As I recall that was ostensibly set in GH (possibly Tenh or Ratik).
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed May 07, 2014 11:07 am  

Flint wrote:
    Always meant to get these to see if there was more GH than the passing reference you mention below.

IIRC there was also a Dungeon adventure tied to the Jozan story but can't remember the title or issue at the moment. As I recall that was ostensibly set in GH (possibly Tenh or Ratik).

-Interesting.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am  

Found it.

The adventure is Provincial Prior Cause in Dungeon 96. It appears to be set in Ratik in a region called Caledon(?) and is set just before events in The Bloody Eye (the Jozan novel I believe). It's a short and unremarkable adventure that could really be set anywhere but it is clearly intended to be placed in Greyhawk.
    Master Greytalker

Fri May 09, 2014 6:08 am  

In the same vein, don't forget Scourge of Worlds.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: