JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Animus & Konshandin
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Animus & Konshandin
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:40 pm  
    Animus & Konshandin

Can anyone tell me what happens to the various Animus Lords created by Ivid the V after 585 CY. Are they still in power? Are some destroyed? Have they fled elsewhere? What role do they play? How do they relate to the current national leaders?

I am looking specifically for the fate of the Animus Duke Szeffrin of the Almorian Lands, but anything will do and be appreciated. If possible, book and page number.

Please and thank you.

PS: Whatever happen to Prince Konshandin? According to an older Greyhawk article in the Dragon magazine (June 1994), the 2nd son of Ivid fled to Delaric. Is he alive, and, if so, where?
    CF Admin

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:14 am  

Have you read WGR7: Ivid the Undying?

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:33 pm  

Abysslin wrote:
    Have you read WGR7: Ivid the Undying?

Which can be downloaded from CF! at http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=29

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:55 pm  
    Animus from Ivid the Undying

I have compiled a list of the animus from Ivid the Undying that can give you a starting reference point.

There was a total of “forty or so” animus created at the time of the Ivid the Undying product. Most were described as Ivid’s own kin, but some were scattered about the lands of ruined Aerdy. This list is in roughly the order they were presented. Please forgive the off setting, the table did not come out very well when I posted it.

Note: these descriptions are as of the Ivid the Undying product, before the disjunction that ruined Rauxes in 586 CY. In the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer (page 16), it was described that many of Ivid's generals and princes marched onto Rauxes when it was announced that Ivid was no longer the Overking. On page 24 of the same product, it is hinted that perhaps Szeffrin was behind the magical conflict that initiated the disjunction and that the fates of all who participated are yet unknown.

Name Class Location Notes

Ivid V P-7/M-14 Imperial Palace, Rauxes Overking of Aerdy

Unknown P - ? Temple of Pholtus, Rauxes A botched attempt, still wanders mindlessly through the ruined temple

Prince Zamasken F – 15 Red Dragon Inn, Rauxes Still loyal to Ivid

Count Mardrel Ishenven ? Paralad Makes model battles and forces his people to act them out

Prince Halstern T – 12 Edgefield Enemy of Ivid

Prince Anxann F – 9 Kaport Bay A strong believer in astrology

Prince Kobasten ? Shuttleford Fled the land, fate unknown

General Kalreth F – 15 Permanence Fanatically loyal to Ivid, possesses the Spear of Sorrow

Delgath P – 13 Rinloru Seeks the Mace and Talisman of Krevell

Darrien ? Dastryth Has a blood feud with his brother Marinn

Marinn ? Errentkeep Has a blood feud with Darrien

Prince Kalord ? Roqborough Bursts into flames when angry

Drax the Invulnerable F – 9/ M – 11 Rel Astra The Lord-Mayor of Rel Astra

Jireen of the Five M – 15 Roland Extremely paranoid

Prince Jichrisen ? Jennden Cursed with lycanthropy, is kept chained up

Duke Szeffrin F – 15 Bloodcrystal Has a pact with Pazrael

O-D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:33 pm  

Thanks for all of your help. It's a great starting point.

Cheers
    Kobold Pinata

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:24 am  

I would just like to point out, that with the exception of my temporal Lord Ivid, I am the most powerful of all animii on Oerth.

You would do well to remember that, mortal.

It should also be noted, that this half-pathetic, half-idiot child that has provided you the above information, is entirely innaccurate. I already own the Mace, pseudo-savant, and soon I will have the Talisman, for it will be wrest from the wretched grasp of that fool Lakaster by my hand in short-order.

Oh, btw, for your insolence and innaccuracy, I do so hope you enjoy unlife as a ghoul. My lackeys will be around shortly to see to it that you do...
    In more modern times, only Delglath of Rinloru is known to have crafted any items from the stone of this atrocious place. Even masters of the dark arts such as Xaene and Karoolck would hesitate to follow.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:51 am  

Delglath wrote:
    I would just like to point out, that with the exception of my temporal Lord Ivid, I am the most powerful of all animii on Oerth.

You would do well to remember that, mortal.

Can I get a ruling on how many experience points this guy is worth? Laughing

And...Is "animii" the correct plural of "animus"?
    Master Greytalker

Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:57 am  
    Re: Animus & Konshandin

Zephirum wrote:

I am looking specifically for the fate of the Animus Duke Szeffrin of the Almorian Lands, but anything will do and be appreciated. If possible, book and page number.

PS: Whatever happen to Prince Konshandin? According to an older Greyhawk article in the Dragon magazine (June 1994), the 2nd son of Ivid fled to Delaric. Is he alive, and, if so, where?

Szeffrin appears to have vanished around the time of the Fall of Rauxes (The Adventure Begins and LGG). Smart money is that he was lost with the rest of the city when he went to bok Ivid V.

Konshandin...well, like a lot of the plot threads in Ivid (Permenance; Strychan), he's been left hanging. I have some thoughts on these, but if I told you I'd have to kill ya. Wink

On the Animii in general and their fate, given that they can be exceptionally hard to kill, I'd say most are still undead and kicking. There's little enough canon reference to their fate, so if you have an idea for your game, I'd say go hog wild.

P.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:08 am  
    Re: Animus from Ivid the Undying

Here'd be my calls on these:

Ivid V P-7/M-14 Imperial Palace, Rauxes Overking of Aerdy

Lost with the rest of Rauxes when it fell.

Unknown P - ? Temple of Pholtus, Rauxes A botched attempt, still wanders mindlessly through the ruined temple

Ditto

Prince Zamasken F – 15 Red Dragon Inn, Rauxes Still loyal to Ivid

Ditto

Count Mardrel Ishenven ? Paralad Makes model battles and forces his people to act them out

Given the Marchland of Rauxes is only partially under Ahlissan control, I don't see why this guys isn't still kicking about.

Prince Halstern T – 12 Edgefield Enemy of Ivid

Hastern is probably still in place.

Prince Anxann F – 9 Kaport Bay A strong believer in astrology

Ditto

Prince Kobasten ? Shuttleford Fled the land, fate unknown

He was mentioned in passing in one fo the Echiridon of the Fiend Sage articles in the LGJ as having been a subject for study of the Fiend Sage

General Kalreth F – 15 Permanence Fanatically loyal to Ivid, possesses the Spear of Sorrow

Now this guy is interesting. I'm still trying to think out what might have become of him to account for the fact he's done diddly squat for about a decade, depsite the fact Peremenance is now a part of the surely quite trecherous United Kingdom of Ahlissa.
    The easy out is that he was summoned to Rauxes with some or all of his Fiend Knights when things went pear shaped and was lost with the rest of the city.

Delgath P – 13 Rinloru Seeks the Mace and Talisman of Krevell

Now giving the North Kingdom hell; See the LGG and LGJ

Darrien ? Dastryth Has a blood feud with his brother Marinn

Marinn ? Errentkeep Has a blood feud with Darrien

Probably still in place.

Prince Kalord ? Roqborough Bursts into flames when angry

Again, probably still there.

Drax the Invulnerable F – 9/ M – 11 Rel Astra The Lord-Mayor of Rel Astra

Enjoying the good life of the charismatic undead despot (and the royalties from that comic series ;P)

Jireen of the Five M – 15 Roland Extremely paranoid

Might still be there (he was in 591 according to the LGG), might have been sealed in a casket by the other Four and dumped into a very deep part of the Solnor.

Prince Jichrisen ? Jennden Cursed with lycanthropy, is kept chained up

Again interesting, as the implication was he was about to break loose. Perhaps wandering the blasted wastelands of Almor, terrorising the already pertty traumatised populace.

Duke Szeffrin F – 15 Bloodcrystal Has a pact with Pazrael

See above. Best bet, he's trapped in whatever's become of Rauxes.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:39 pm  

esilv wrote:

And...Is "animii" the correct plural of "animus"?

I'm not a linguist and have never studied latin, but I doubt it. Generally words ending in "us" singular are made plural with simply "i".

One syllabus, two syllabi.

The "ii" plural is for singular forms ending in "ium".

One stadium, two stadii.
    One consortium, two consortii.

The original user of "animii" may be connfused because of words like "genius". One genius, two genii. But here, it is not an "ii" that was added. The "us" singular is still made an "i" plural, it is just that another "i" was already there. That is, geni-us, becomes geni-i.
    So I believe anim-us should become anim-i (animi) in plural.

I should note that the first time I saw "genii" in print was in the module G1-2-3.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: