Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - new supporting material?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    new supporting material?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:59 pm  
    new supporting material?

Is there going to be any support for Greyhawk from Wizards in 2004/2005?
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:59 pm  

from WotC?

other then a few mentions in a sourcebook here and there (such as was done with Complete Divine) it seems unlikly.

although it should recieve plenty of support in Dungeon magazine, and perhaps some in Dragon as well.
    CF Admin

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:48 pm  
    Living Greyhawk

I don't know what your "cup of tea" is regarding Greyhawk. But, there is also Living Greyhawk, which is fully supported by the RPGA and by over 15,000 members.

I know opinions vary regarding Living Greyhawk, and that the quality of the campaign's material is "hot or miss". But, the campaign is alive and growing.

Check out the Web site HERE. Pay a visit to a local Gameday or Convention and decide for yourself.

And don't forget to submit your NPC Villain or Foil to Postfest here at Canonfire!

Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:31 am  

I have come across some of the Dragon Magazine stuff but there is too much to make worthwhile to make a purchase.

I was rather hoping that there would be something that WofC is going to come up with something that may let us know about the Ancient Empires of the Sol. & Bak. or even the old kingdoms of Vecna and the other Lich Lords.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:26 pm  

I have seen more interest in GH over the past month on the WotC Boards, but Eberron is still where their focus is for the moment.
    Maybe they are just waiting for the right literary genius to submit something they feel will catch people's collective eye.

Where there is life, there is hope.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:33 pm  

I've yet to make it to a LG event, sionce its 2 1/2 hours away in another state.

I DO wish though, that at the end of each year WOTC would out something out letting us know the events of the year. Such as the COuntess of Urnst's demise. Who/what/where/when/why/how? Dunno, but as a GH DM I could use this kinda info! I've got all kinds of plans just on that one thing I picked up!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:01 pm  

Tiernan wrote:
    I've yet to make it to a LG event, sionce its 2 1/2 hours away in another state.

I DO wish though, that at the end of each year WOTC would put something out letting us know the events of the year. Such as the Countess of Urnst's demise. Who/what/where/when/why/how? Dunno, but as a GH DM I could use this kinda info! I've got all kinds of plans just on that one thing I picked up!

If only.......

That, Tiernan, is something I would pay good money for. Heck, I would pay bad money for it.

"The trees are our ancestors."----Otto Von Bismark
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:33 pm  

Actually I am glad that WotC doesn't do something along those lines... it leaves thier options open incase they do decide to produce any future greyhawk products... that way if they want to produce a book that updates part of the flanaess they can take what is cool from the LG campaign and cut out the stuff that is not good (About 2/3 of the LG stuff I have seen IMO is below standard quality, although I admit that when they do do good stuff it can be very, very good) or that damages the setting as a whole (The ether threat and destruction of Tehn storyline etc).
    CF Admin

Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:05 pm  

I dont expect too see any major GH changes from any WotC releases in the future. I am pleased and surprised at the GH content in the Complete 'insert class here' books from time to time, we probably wont see much relevant GH content on countries, rulers and plots because of the ulitarian approach in these expansion books. While I like the small bits, large scale details and changes are probably in not in the stars In the meantime, I will revel in Tarth Moorda and the Suel Arcanamach.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:25 pm  

I've e-mailed Charles Ryan and wrote two letters asking for a Greyhawk hardback similiar to the FRCS and Charles Ryan said there are NO plans for a Greyhawk hardback :(

This issue comes up every few months and the response is always NO from WOTC.

Mike
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:24 pm  

I say we take matters into our own hands and bum rush the border guards in some 3rd World Country that hasn't signed hte internation copyright papers, like... Cuba? Cool

That way we can steal GH from WotC and Hasbro, the latter of which thought going retro and making GI Joes the size of barbies once again was a good idea! Mad
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:27 pm  

Tiernan wrote:
    I say we take matters into our own hands and bum rush the border guards in some 3rd World Country that hasn't signed hte internation copyright papers, like... Cuba? Cool

This idea appeals to my "dark side." Now, we just need a Greyhawker in Cuba or some other place to front matters and mind the server. Shocked

GVD
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: