JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hunger
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk
    Hunger
    Forum Moderator

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:57 pm  
    Hunger

There is a potentially good Epic thread over at Wizards forum on Darnakurian and Hunger. I overlooked that as a source of GH Epic-ness, now it's worth a second look. The Sentinels would make some great opponents, but imagine if they were jacked up and made into Leshays!
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:52 pm  

I've been looking into Darnakurian's Doom myself as a possible idea to build from. Mind linking that forum link thread to here or PM it to me so I can take a peak?
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan

Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:48 am  

Interesting inded. The mistery of Cold wood always intrigued me. Could you put the URL of that thread, please :-) ?
    Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:40 pm  

The thread kinda petered out early. Maybe someone can ressurect it.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=328277
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed May 30, 2007 1:41 pm  

Well, I thought I would start here and see what help I can get. I am planning to run my group into Darnakurian's Doom. First I am using LeShay as the Sentinels, but I have allowed that a group of NPCs has gotten in, and now the PCs need to get them out - they are not trying to get Hunger, but stop it from being gotten.

That said - anyone have any good ideas for adventures in and around the Coldwood and Darnakurian's Keep? Also - anyone have a good idea for a map to use for the Keep? I was thinking one of the Maps of Mystery from Dungeon magazine, but which one? If anyone has some thoughts, I would appreciate it.

One idea I had was an old Critical Threat from Dungeon: a ghost treant druid. I may be able to use an elder treant. The Coldwood is dead, so perhaps that creature along with the Sentinels guards the woods.

ROB
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:00 pm  

Hey...

There's a high level module (18th) in Dungeon #122 called "Root of Evil" that may fit into your game. To be honest, I haven't given it a thorough read so I can't say for sure what its all about,but from what I saw it looked pretty cool. With a little work it could easily be bumped up to epic level. Worth checking out if you haven't already.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:06 pm  
    Kudos to Rick "Duicarthan" Miller

Rick - you old salt, how could you not tell us you had published a whole adventure based on Darnakurian's Doom in Oerth Journal #22:

http://www.oerthjournal.com/oj22.html

And the Epic spells for the Twin Cataclysms too! I think this deserves a new top level post.

ROB
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:26 am  
    Re: Kudos to Rick "Duicarthan" Miller

rob_douglas wrote:
    Rick - you old salt, how could you not tell us you had published a whole adventure based on Darnakurian's Doom in Oerth Journal #22:

http://www.oerthjournal.com/oj22.html

And the Epic spells for the Twin Cataclysms too! I think this deserves a new top level post.

ROB
    Thanx a ton for the awesome link! I've never actually looked at OJ so that was a great surprise, nice to see the epic game finally get some love. Well done, Rick. Both of your articles were exceptional.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:41 am  

Darn I wish OJ22 had been out 3 months ago - we went to the Coldwood to stop a cabal of demon sorcerers stealing Hunger - and failed.

Our DM populated the area closest to Bitterness with undead treants (some of which had mummified banshee-like elves tied in their branches), elven wights, plus a cambion strike team.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: