Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:59 pm
by Tim "Enoch Pratt" O'Donnell
Hardby as a home base for a Greyhawk campaign offers many adventure possibilities. In the year 590 CY, Hardby is part of the Domain of Greyhawk. Hardby is a city beset by socio-political trade intrigues. It is a port city ostensibly ruled by its founding gynarchy. After the Greyhawk Wars, Hardby was under the control of the City of Greyhawk. Greyhawk sent troops and warships to patrol and protect the area from humanoid threats from the nearby Abbor-Alz hills. This also offered protection from humanoid incursions from the Pomarj, an Orcish empire located South across the Woolly Bay.
Country specific resources:
Dungeon 109 Hardby: City of the Scorned by Paul Looby
Living Greyhawk Journal #1 "The Despotrix of Hardby"
Slavers by Sean K. Reynolds and Chris Pramas
Adventures in this country include:
- The Ghost Tower of Inverness by Allen Hammack
- The Star Cairns: The Lost Tombs, Volume I by Sean Reynolds
- The various Slavers modules
- Danger at Darkshelf Quarry
- Slave Pits of the Undercity
- Secret of the Slavers Stockade
- Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
- In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Adventures in the Abbor Alz
- Adventures in the Bright desert
- Adventures in the Wild Coast
- Access to Greyhawk City and adventures there
- Seafaring in the Woolly Bay connecting characters to lands that host many of the classic Greyhawk modules.
There is also a diverse infrastructure that allows a dungeon master to overlay their own original, campaign concepts.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total