Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:42 am
by Mike Bridges (aka Mortellan or GreyhawkMike)
The land of Ull is for those that want to play a wilderness survival campaign, where the environment is harsh, resources are scarce and making allies is vital. The land consists of squabbling nomadic tribes in the north, mainly centered around the capital of Ulakand, while southern Ull is semi-nomadic with a few towns and even more back-stabbing. To the outside world, Ull does not change much except who is the current ruler. A campaign set in 576 CY for instance will see Draske the Ferocious, while in 591 CY the Orakhan of Ull is the half-ogre, Bruzharag the Misbegotten.
Country specific resources:
Adventures in this country include:
- High-stakes gladiatorial combat in the town of Kester.
- Guarding foreign caravans (usually Mouqollad Consortium) from vicious slavers and warbands while passing through the interior of Ull.
- Intrigue and illicit activities between the ruling khanates.
- Missions against or sometimes working for outlaw wizards and evil cultists.
- Explore ancient Oerid ruins for treasures left buried since the Invoked Devastation.
- Visit Baklunish monasteries (Falla-nil, Azor-khem) located high up in the Ulsprue Range.
- Hunting giant-kin and other deadly monsters in the surrounding foothills.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Explore the mysterious Valley of the Mage and exploit its rumored riches.
- Venture into the Barrier Peaks to hunt unusual monsters and explore strange magical sites.
- Guard caravans travelling south into the Dry Steppes on their way to Kanak, the stone circles of Tovag Baragu and beyond.
- Nomadic conflict in the north with various tribes of the Plains of the Paynims.
- Search for the hidden lair of the great red wyrm, Sulphacitezus in the Crystalmist Mountains.
Ull is a hive of scum and villainy compared to the rest of Eastern Oerik. It is not a place where Good thrives, indeed most religions and Baklunish customs fail here. Someone wishing to play an edgy, exotic character or start a stronghold on the edge of civilization will probably enjoy Ull.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:09 pm; edited 3 times in total