Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:51 am
The Twin Cities
Campaigning in the Twin Cities (Rinloru and Winetha) area of the old Great Kingdom is for those that want to experience a "Game of Thrones" style war torn country or fight with massive numbers of Undead. Like the North Kingdom there are no real good guys here, just shades of evil and neutrality. The lands are war torn and the serfs are oppressed. There is no real external menace, the bad guys are the establishment here. The Torquann stronghold city of Rinloru was turned over to a priest of Erythnul named Delglath by the Overking, but in making him an undead Animus, Erythnul stopped answering his prayers and he turned to Nerull the Reaper. He then began converting the population to undead. Archmage Prince Lakaster of the nearby Garasteth stronghold city of Winetha has formed a peace agreement with the madman as they each hold one of a matched pair of artifacts and desire the other without wanting to risk their rival getting the pair.
Country specific resources:
I cannot recommend enough the free online supplement in the unpublished Ivid the Undying by Carl Sargent (available here http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=161 )
Adventures in this country include:
- Intrigue between the two rival rulers in plots to steal the artifacts (outlined in Ivid above). Either Diplomacy or Stealth.
- Fighting against the undead menace gathering in Rinloru, or negotiating with the priests of Nerull as they come looking for unskilled laborers to replace with zombies.
- Explore the mysterious floating mage stronghold of Spinning Cloud, is the Elementalist still there or has he left treasure for the taking and what is guarding it?
- Defeat Delglath the Undying and restore sanity to this part of the realm. No one wants this madman in charge, even Ivid (if he is still around in your game)!
- Break into Reaperkeep to liberate captives from the Necromancer and his wight servents.
- Explore undersea wrecks for Prince Harley of Garasteth in Pearl Beacon
- City adventure in Winthea, the intrigue between Prince Lakaster and the Council of Wizards that rule the city.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Adventures into the overrun humanoid infested ruined settlements of the Bone March.
- Risk exploring the ruins of the capital of Rauxes to the south.
- Exploration of the Solnor Ocean and interactions with the Sea Barons.
While these are not Naelex lands, worshipers of good deities would do well to keep their heads down, as the church of Hextor is the official state religion. Overtly "good" parties may need to be a little more discreet.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total