Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:24 pm
by Pierre "Armenfrast" Couture
Ekbir is an enlightened theocracy. A beacon of light and goodness. Of all the countries of the Flanaess, it is one of the best places to live peacefully. DMs setting their campaign in this country will find it ripe for diplomatic missions and great roleplaying opportunities.
The people of Ekbir left their original country centuries ago, fleeing a terrible magical war and followed the prophet Al'Akbar to the north, to this blessed land. On the misty shores of the Dramidj ocean, at the end of the great trade route connecting the Orient and the Occident along Velverdyva and Tuflik rivers, lies a fertile and verdant land : the Caliphate of Ekbir.
Trade is thriving in and around the city of Ekbir, being the second largest city by population of the known world, along with being a destination for pilgrims from many countries come to pray in the Holy sanctum of the Prophet Al'Akbar. In addition, scholars come to Ekbir city hoping to have access to the hidden mysteries of the Zashassar of Ekbir, probably the most powerful, the most ancient and the most protected school of magic as they are the keepers of the secrets of an ancient time of power and devastation.
However, creatures of the darkness are drawn by the light, and the brighter the light is, the deeper the shadows are. Terrible dangers are lurking in hidden or remote places, eagerly waiting their time to bring evil and chaos. If you look for a civilized country with a mix of oriental and byzantine flavor, this place is made for you.
Country Specific resources:
Although there are no official publications set in Ekbir, there are fan based resources to pull from.
Adventures in this country include:
- Naval adventures along the coastlines, fending off Ataphad-backed pirates or Sahuagin raiders- Urban adventures & investigation
- Competition between merchant families, noble houses, clergy and the Zashassar.
- Investigate the mysterious "Fading" Towers - Strange constructions predating the migration with space, planar and even time, travel capacities.
- Exploration of the Pinnacles of Azor'alq and its denizens from the upper plans.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Cement the tenuous alliance between Ekbir and Tusmit through diplomacy.
- Protect the northern border (Yecha hills) against Chakyik raiders and other foul creatures.
- Explore and adventure in the corrupt lands of Zeif.
- Interact and have nomadic adventures with the various Paynim tribes.
Ekbir is a strongly good aligned and peaceful country. DMs looking for darker campaigns would be ill suited to choose this country to campaign in.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:19 am; edited 3 times in total