Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:10 pm
Land of Iuz
By MerricB & Troy “Cannibaal” Alleman
There are few places in the Flanaess more despicable than the Land of Iuz. The evil demigod Iuz rules the nation, demanding fealty and devotion from all. His goal is simple: world domination! He has gathered many men and orcs of ill intent to his banner, and his harsh priesthood oversees them all. This region is good choice for DMs who wish a campaign where the characters can be offered a choice; Do they side with Iuz(evil) or fight against it, either from a Good aligned party or a competing evil force? Campaigns where the DM wants to set their characters behind enemy lines will find this an ideal spot to adventure in.
Iuz disappeared for many years, and in that time, his land rebelled against his rule. Although he was able to retake the heart of his lands on his return, the Hierophants of the Horned Society to the south still hold part of his domain. So, although Iuz often initiates schemes against other lands, first he wishes to bring the Hierophants to heel. No land should feel safe while Iuz sits on his throne!
Great inspiration for this area can be found in the Army of Darkness (movie).
Country specific resources:
WGR 6 The City of Skulls
Iuz the Evil
WGH3 Into the Howling Hills
WGH4 Tombs of the Howling Hills
WGH5 Lords of the Howling Hills
Adventures in the country include:
- Good vs Evil: Agents of Good attempt to disrupt the plans of the evil demigod or kill a valuable lieutenant.
- Whyestil Lake: Sabotage Iuz’s fleet as it gathers for an invasion of Furyondy, or protect the fleet from infiltrators and saboteurs.
- Power struggle from within: After Iuz’s disappearance, his servants attempt to assume positions of power by outdoing their rivals. Missions from these upstarts will help aid them to attain such power and could be rewarded.
- Seek out and hunt down a spy that has been causing trouble in the capital – or rescue that spy and valuable information. Escort or capture a magic item procured by Iuz’s agents as it is brought to the demigod.
- Cold Marshes: Riches can be had by those brave enough to venture into the mire of the cold marshes. The marshes are filled with vile creatures and avoided by the nearby countries.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Vesve Forest: The largest hardwood forest of the Flanaess is being invaded by hordes from the land of Iuz. Rangers and Highfolk are sending expeditions into the northern end of the Vesve forest to see the extent of humanoids and foul creatures migrating into the forest.
- Horned Society: Although originally a vassal of Iuz, when Iuz disappeared they rebelled and formed their own country. Participate in the power struggles to take control and be the ultimate evil in the area.
- Strange nomads riding wolves have been seen to the northwest when traveling along the western border. Who are these wolf riders raiding into the lands of Iuz with hit and run tactics?
- Explore the Dragon Hills, The Wastes, and The Burning Cliffs
- Raid into the lands of the Bandit Kingdoms
- Visit the strange land of Blackmoor
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)