Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Legends & Lore #79-The High Seas!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Legends & Lore #79-The High Seas!
    Sage of Canonfire

Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:25 pm  
    Legends & Lore #79-The High Seas!

Join Anna Meyer, Mike (mortellan), Gary (Pluffet Smedger), and for the first time, Rich "Longetalos" D., as we discuss sea-based gaming, great naval powers like the Sea Princes, and pirate locations like Sasserine and Scuttlecove. Wed, Nov. 16th, 8:00 PM EST.

If you have any subjects related to that topic, that you want to be discussed, such as Pirates, the Densac Gulf, Undersea adventures, the Scarlet Brotherhood, Isle of Dread etc. Let us know in this thread.

https://twitch.tv/lordgosumba
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:51 pm  
    Re: Legends & Lore #79-The High Seas!

PSmedger wrote:
    Join Anna Meyer, Mike (mortellan), Gary (Pluffet Smedger), and for the first time, Rich "Longetalos" D., as we discuss sea-based gaming, great naval powers like the Sea Princes, and pirate locations like Sasserine and Scuttlecove. Wed, Nov. 16th, 8:00 PM EST.

If you have any subjects related to that topic, that you want to be discussed, such as Pirates, the Densac Gulf, Undersea adventures, the Scarlet Brotherhood, Isle of Dread etc. Let us know in this thread.

Nov 16th?
    CF Admin

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:25 pm  

I'll try to join / view the stream, but even if unable, I'd love to later learn your thoughts about the following:
      How far did Sanduchar the Navigator explore? What, if any, legacy of those explorations exists c. 576 CY (and beyond)?
      Who founded Narisban, and when did it occur? When has it been sacked and effectively reestablished?
      Did Malv the Explorer die on Oerth or beyond it? What, if any, legacy of his ultimate exploration exists c. 576 CY (and beyond)?
      Did the Toli Suel, Kingdom of Keoland, or the Hold of the Sea Princes establish trade with Xamaclan, Changol, Jahind, or another similarly situated realm? If so when did it start, stop, resume, etc. What, if any, legacy of this trade exists c. 576 CY (and beyond)?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:24 am  

I'd love to hear some talk around the Slave Lords sailing the Gearnat as well as naval strength from countries like Nyrond in the same area. My focus is around CY576.
    Sage of Canonfire

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:03 am  
    Re: Legends & Lore #79-The High Seas!

JasonZavoda wrote:
    PSmedger wrote:

Nov 16th?

Heh, I cut and paste that from Jay's post. Better alert him. Dec 16th of course!

-G
    Sage of Canonfire

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:06 am  

mtg wrote:
    I'll try to join / view the stream, but even if unable, I'd love to later learn your thoughts about the following:
      How far did Sanduchar the Navigator explore? What, if any, legacy of those explorations exists c. 576 CY (and beyond)?
      Who founded Narisban, and when did it occur? When has it been sacked and effectively reestablished?
      Did Malv the Explorer die on Oerth or beyond it? What, if any, legacy of his ultimate exploration exists c. 576 CY (and beyond)?
      Did the Toli Suel, Kingdom of Keoland, or the Hold of the Sea Princes establish trade with Xamaclan, Changol, Jahind, or another similarly situated realm? If so when did it start, stop, resume, etc. What, if any, legacy of this trade exists c. 576 CY (and beyond)?

Great questions, if we don't get to them in the stream, we'll definitely start a thread here to explore answers.

-G
    GreySage

Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:23 pm  

Of course, we all want more information on pirates and ships, but I am also interested in hearing you folks' take on weather and natural phenomena (whirlpools, coral reefs, shoals, islands, blue holes, etc.) and their affect on ships and especially ship-born battles.

SirXaris

Last edited by SirXaris on Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    CF Admin

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:15 pm  

Emongnome wrote:
    I'd love to hear some talk around the Slave Lords sailing the Gearnat as well as naval strength from countries like Nyrond in the same area. My focus is around CY576.

Emongnome, this thread, Naval Strengths of the Realms of Greyhawk, features salient information for your query.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: