JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - 3e Drow of the Underdark
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    3e Drow of the Underdark
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Tue May 04, 2021 6:23 pm  
    3e Drow of the Underdark

Ive read that this 3e product has info on the Vault of thr Dtow. Can someone tell mr how much Greyhawk is in the book?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed May 05, 2021 9:05 am  

Ch. 7 of the book is specifically about the city of Erelhei-Cinlu in the Vault of the Drow. It is 22 pages, & includes a city map.
    A fair amount of Greyhawk-specific information is found throughout the rest of the book (NPCs, adventure sites, information on House Eilservs, etc.)
    Much of the rest of the book is campaign setting neutral, applying to drow in most campaign worlds.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 am  

If you're playing in the Vault of the Drow, this book is a must.

Two other required sources (besides D3):

there's a Dragon magazine from somewhere around issue #200 with a deep dive into the Vault; probably this was used as the basis for the DotU treatment

Joseph Bloch (aka Greyhawk Grognard) recently released a free module D4 involving intrigue in Erelhei-Cinlu, City of Spiders, I think it's called, and I strongly recommend it. It does all of the DM's work for properly motivating PCs through D3, so you should really just consider it an extension of that module. Lots to steal even if you're doing something different.

The only other significant source I recall is Dead Gods (from 2e days), but I don't remember it having tons of new info. Been a long time since I checked, however.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri May 14, 2021 1:37 am  

Jason,

As this is 3.5e, all the content is nominally set in Greyhawk, although most of it is generic.

However, Drow of the Underdark has a pretty full write-up of Erelhei-Cinlu on pages 191-214. It builds on and expands the article found in Dragon #298. (A design credit for Frederick Weining would have been classier.)

--Eric
    Adept Greytalker

Mon May 24, 2021 6:35 pm  
    Vault of the Drow in OJ

Additionally,

Do not forget in the Oerth Journal Number 14 was an in depth article on Erelhei-Cinlu. I think it was for third edition.

It is another very good take on the Vault of the Drow set in the aftermath of the events of D3.

O-D
    CF Admin

Mon May 24, 2021 9:38 pm  
    Re: Vault of the Drow in OJ

Osmund-Davizid wrote:
    Do not forget in the Oerth Journal Number 14 was an in depth article on Erelhei-Cinlu. I think it was for third edition.

It was indeed, by our very own Russell "manicmidwife" Bird :D

Allan.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: